Weekly Spend Challenge W/C 14th July 2013

Comments

• Thanks :D When I'm at work I get so busy that I can't get on here to update, but there's no excuse at the moment.

Hoping today will be a zero spend, but I'm catching up with an old friend after I've dropped the kids off at school, so who knows?
    Ninja Saving Turtle
  • Last week turned out green again for me. I spent £69.74! The birthday night out turned out to be pretty cheap, which is always a nice surprise and I even found a bargain dress in the Dorothy Perkins sale.

We won the pub quiz again! So there's £40 in our night out fund now.

This week's budget is £40 with not too many plans. I'm meeting a friend for lunch at the weekend and there's the quiz again on Thursday night. I'm going to try & go to body pump this week too.

Have a good week everyone.
    Post Office Credit Card [STRIKE]£5817.98[/STRIKE] £5133.32
    Tesco Loan [STRIKE]£7414.42[/STRIKE] £6558.98 Sealed Pot Challenge #2069
  • Trajal
    Trajal Posts: 550 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi all, I'll join a little late. Looking to keep within £10 this week.

Got all my food, got my train pass, got my cigs, have given up alcohol (blimey, but truthfully I managed it!) and we are moving in six weeks so I need to cut costs and save even more furiously for a new sofa etc!
    Debt free, moved, got new stuff for the new flat - got everything I wanted and need - now just saving.
  • Sunday: £4.30 stationery, £2.95 on an ice cream
    Monday: £5.25 lunch

£12.50/£60
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi All

I have been MIA for a while, I'm sorry and I hope everybody is well!

I need to get back into this properly, 100% of the time instead of more often than not.

So for this week I pledge £0.00 unbudgeted spend.

I have £20 to pay out for the gym tomorrow (budgeted) and also I just confirmed my new card with PayPal so that's £1 going out and back in sometime soon.

I literally have enough money to pay for the gym this week and next week and about £3 more than that, so I am just not going to spend anything else! :rotfl:
  • Hi,
    Sunday was a no spend, but I spent £10 yesterday rejoining slimming world (again). Honestly. I really just wish I could be let into the secret of losing weight and keeping it off...
    But I really do like rubbish food :p
    Ninja Saving Turtle
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Funnily enough started reading your post & was thinking SW~well if you stick to it~which is my biggest problem :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • NSD on Monday; unfortunately lunch today £1.92, and "extra" food shopping - £5.39

Suspect I'm going to be red this week ...
  • Sunday: £4.30 stationery, £2.95 on an ice cream
    Monday: £5.25 lunch
    Tuesday: £1.95 book

£14.45/£60.00
  • EverTheOptimist
    EverTheOptimist Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Evening everyone

First post updated to here.

Blimey where's the week going, feel like I haven't been on here properly for ages.

Welcome back to anyone we 'mislaid' over the last little while. :D

Well I had a NSD on Sunday. Spend day yesterday. And NSD today. :D

So at £9.90 / £50

Aiming for a NSD tomorrow as its too hot for the little man, so we're having a quiet day in. Which also saves me money. :D
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
    Debt: £11850
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family