We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Application Tesco Credit Card - asking for company name

Options
2»

Comments

• Caladan
    Caladan Posts: 378 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Most of the time they wont contact the employer at all, as Gromitt says it's more for Hunter searches which look for discrepancies in the information you give on the application compared to previous apps you've made.

And yes, if they want to contact your employer but can't they'll just look for other ways of verifying like asking for payslips.
  • Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Gromitt wrote: »
    They rang the company I worked for and asked for me (the day after I applied), they seemed quite happy they got through to me. They asked me to confirm that I had actually applied for the card and the approximate date and time that I had applied, and by what method. Guess it's a fraud prevention thing.

Blimey, really? :rotfl:

I've never been called at work after a credit application. I'd I've had loans, Credit Cards, a mortgage, HP etc.
  • *Scarlett
    *Scarlett Posts: 1,760 Forumite
    Options
    Just applied for and been accepted for tesco credit card - they say it's on it's way. This was done within 10 mins online so no way have they contacted my employer.
  • Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    *Scarlett wrote: »
    Just applied for and been accepted for tesco credit card - they say it's on it's way. This was done within 10 mins online so no way have they contacted my employer.

Same thing I got when I applied a couple of months ago too. Instant acceptance and the card was received in about a week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport