Options
123457»

Comments

• harryharp
    harryharp Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    val4xx wrote: »
    i've just bought the lloyds allergy reliever- but there's no instruction manual in the box? i've tried three different 9v batteries but can't seem to get it working? ( shouldn't something light up?_ is there on line instructiosn anywhere please?
    There should be instructions in the box, and mine also came with a battery! Perhaps you should take it back and ask them to change it for a different one?
  • val4xx
    val4xx Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    have just taken it back and exchanged. version 2 works!
    There is no such word as "bidded". I bid, you bid, they bid, Ebid ;)
  • mobilecat
    mobilecat Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    I saw this today while I was in store and was intrigued and found the post while looking for reviews. time to try it I think. I suffer very very badly and I drive a campervan!!
  • Ted_Hutchinson
    Ted_Hutchinson Posts: 7,142 Forumite
    Options
    I haven't used any hay fever relief this year at all. Usually I'm on anti histamines from the end of April right through the rape season and into the long grass. I can't usually drive when it's at it's worst simply becuase my eyes are so screwed up.
    But this year I haven't taken one anti histamine at all.
    By increasing my natural anti inflammatory status by not only ensuring my omega 3 status is optimal and this year instead of sticking to vitamin d supplementation at 4000iu/d I upped to 5000iu and that combined with getting every possible UVB exposure possible this year (yes it's been a bad year for suntans) has meant my vitamin d status, and anti inflammatory status is better than it has ever been and NO ANTI HISTAMINES AT ALL SO FAR (touch wood, finger crossed,so far so good) I'll post back to this thread if I have to use one.
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • digp
    digp Posts: 2,013 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Kbush wrote: »
    Hi,

I have had hay fever since very young, and its always peaks at right about now beginning of June. I know a lot of people now days have some hay fever symptoms; it seems to be al too easily diagnosed by anyone in a chemist trying to sell you “Anti Histamines” of one brand or another. I have tried all of this medication and it’s the biggest waste of money going, not only me another guy in my office who suffers badly has had the same experience.

Anyway I saw the reviews for the Lloyds allergy reliever and was sceptical but went ahead and purchased one about a month ago. During this time my symptoms were mild and the Allergy reliever did help to control the sneezing etc. My hayfever kicked in full swing yesterday and I used the Allergy reliever 4 times in the day as directed. In my opinion it made no difference during this time, my symptoms are as strong as ever I was blowing my nose since I woke up at 06:30 this morning until about 09:30.

As much as I hoped this would work for me it had failed but well done at Lloyds for trying but its back to the drawing board in my opinion

Kevin

Yes for "heavy" hayfever appears to be crap
  • Capt_Slog
    Capt_Slog Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not a sufferer, but Mrs Slog is, so I think I will get one of these for her.

I admit to being more than a little skeptical about this machine, I'm pretty certain I could knock one up for less than £1 in around 1/2 an hour. Ok, it wouldn't look anything as neat as the lloyds version, and I doubt it would be very snot-proof :p , but the point is, if I could make one, why haven't Boots, Superdrug etc. Patents or the unwillingness to put their name on it?
  • 7685Biggles
    Options
    I've had one of these things for two years now and it helps but doesn't cure my hayfever. In my case it's worth having because I had drug induced liver disease from terfenadine several years ago and really, really, don't like taking any drugs at all now.

I'd certainly advise anyone with hayfever to get one but don't expect a miracke cure, expect to find that the number of days in the year you get hayfever is greatly reduced and expect to find that the severity is reduced, BUT, forget to do the treatment for a day or two and you're back to square one.
  • Serena51
    Serena51 Posts: 203 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Dumbledore 55 - I am probably being dense, but I can't find the red offer box. Is it on the home page, hayfever page or where? Help please
  • Serena51
    Serena51 Posts: 203 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Kindly disregard my previous post - I had been reading page 1 and didn't realise that post was in 2007.lol

I am off to Lloyds right now.
  • the_devil_made_me_do_it
    Options
    So.. is it proving any good for eye irritation?

I have been taking Piriton for years & although it helps with the sneezing bouts ect, I'm still suffering with itchy, swollen eyes. I wear contact lenses, so am unable to use eye drops. If this machine eased the eye symptoms, I'd certainly invest in one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure