My hayfever is cured - No more drugs

Options

Comments

• gushoneybun
    gushoneybun Posts: 169 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.anhealth.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.pl?id=medi1&detailinfo=1

Sorry Just found the answer to the eye question above.

Still interested in opinions on the Lloys one though if anyone has any experience please :)
    Gus~Honey~Bun :)
    Live and Let Live!
  • Former_MSE_Lawrence
    Options
    Hi guys,

Just a quick note to say the Lloyd's medinose equivalent is likely to be almost as good, if not equal to the branded Medinose. £14.99 is an introductory price; on September 4 it'll revert to it's RRP of £59.99, so it's best to go sooner than later if you want one, although it's still advisable to phone and check for stock first.

I'm currently helping to put together a full article on Hayfever Cost Cutting, which should appear in the next couple of weeks. Watch this space...
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lloyds pharmacy have their own version for £14.99 at the moment:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=125341&highlight=medinose

My hayfever is cured - No more drugs

I would amend the title to 'My hayfever is under control - no more drugs!'..........your hayfever isn't cured because if you stop using the device, the hayfever symptoms start again.;)

That said, I was intrigued by the medinose device but cautious about parting with ~£80.:eek:

I'd like to say thank you to Js_Other_Half:A for telling us about the Lloyds pharmacy version.

I bought the Lloyds pharmacy 'Allergy Reliever' for £14.99 and I'm very impressed with the results.

Unlike earlier this week, I haven't had to take any Acrivastine. My nose has stopped running, I haven't been sneezing, I'm not surrounded by a mountain of soggy tissues and another benefit...........I'm not talking like I've got a cold because my nose isn't 'bunged up' any more.:j

Looking like Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer (for 3 minutes per treatment session, 3-4 times per day) is a small price to pay.:o

As MSE Lawrence advises, the 'Allergy Reliever' is only on special offer at Lloyds pharmacy for a short while, so buy now while stocks last...............and before the price goes up to £59.99.;)

I hope it works for you too.

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got the Lloyds one, worth a £14.99 pop, if it works then all it will cost is replacement batteries once a month in summer. No tablets, no tissues,no extra valeting of the car from all the sneezing:rotfl:

Anything is worth it to stop the 'just beaten up look' my eyes have in full hayfever mode. I fI don't take something wuick enough then my eyelids are red and sometimes puffy too for the next two days.

I'll let you know how it goes.So far so good.
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • Dumbledore55
    Dumbledore55 Posts: 1,435 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys,

Just a quick note to say the Lloyd's medinose equivalent is likely to be almost as good, if not equal to the branded Medinose. £14.99 is an introductory price; on September 4 it'll revert to it's RRP of £59.99, so it's best to go sooner than later if you want one, although it's still advisable to phone and check for stock first.

I'm currently helping to put together a full article on Hayfever Cost Cutting, which should appear in the next couple of weeks. Watch this space...

I'm definitely going to try this - i have the worst Hay Fever of any person I know suffering from march through to October and its totally debilitating. Just been on the lloydspharmacy.com website and you can currently get 10% off electrical goods. Press on the red 'offer' box print out the voucher and you'll get the allergy reliever for £13.49:T
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Just had to share my little story with someone ...

I have a new 'friend' (not a boyfriend, but you know what I mean!), anyway he came home with me for the first time last night ... and discovered he is majorly allergic to my cat!

Am going to invest in the Lloyds Allergy Reliever today, maybe I could let him try it (if he ever comes back again!), can't be any more of a passion killer than sneezing and constant itching!!!
    Gone ... or have I?
  • mookiandco
    mookiandco Posts: 1,294 Forumite
    Options
    I did a mad dash to lloyds pharmacy at 9:00pm on wednesday night as I couldnt bear to see my OH suffering any longer. He has been using it since then and all of his symtoms are gone. Hes not snoring so much now either (an added bonus)! I dont know how it works, but it works for him!
    Proud Mummy to Leila aged 1 whole year:j
  • Dumbledore55
    Options
    I'm definitely going to try this - i have the worst Hay Fever of any person I know suffering from march through to October and its totally debilitating. Just been on the lloydspharmacy.com website and you can currently get 10% off electrical goods. Press on the red 'offer' box print out the voucher and you'll get the allergy reliever for £13.49:T

Dashed to Lloyds got one for £13.49 and had my first session - I'll let you know how it goes.

The introductory price is on until 5th September - but they may well sell out at this rate and the £1.50 off voucher can be used until 24th July.

Fingers crossed it works for me.
  • mookiandco
    mookiandco Posts: 1,294 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the info about voucher Dumbledore 55. Link here: http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/med_elec_10.pdf

I'm off to buy another one for my mum!!
    Proud Mummy to Leila aged 1 whole year:j
  • Dumbledore55
    Options
    Day 3 of no medication and my nose is absolutely no problem - my eyes have stopped streaming but do itch slightly. I am going to keep on with the allergy reliever and see how it goes. I couldn't imagine not taking anti-histamines in the middle of summer before this gadget.

This has got to be better than taking tablets and I'm actually feeling less drained because I'm getting a decent night's sleep - I recommend the £13.49 investment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure