Singlepoint to Vodaphone warning

Options
Orea_Pink
Orea_Pink Posts: 12 Forumite
Singlepoint to Vodaphone warning I have been caught out in the Vodaphone buy out of Singlepoint.

I have 600 free off-peak minutes a month on my Tariff. With Singlepoint I used to phone my friends and family in the morning on my way to work before 8am and use my free minutes. Providing the call was made before 8am (when peak charges kick in) the call counted as off-peak and came out of my free call allowance. Now that Vodaphone has taken over my bill shows that those minutes before 8am come out of my off-peak free allowance and those after (sometimes 20-30 minutes) are charged at the peak rate of 35p per minute -ouch.

I have contacted Vodaphone and explained that had I known about this change of terms and conditions then I wouldn't have made the calls. They are going to get a special department to consider my bill and possibly recalculate it if they think it's reasonable to do so. In the meantime, I have to pay it and wait for it to be credited. I also have to go through the same process when my next bill arrives.

On top of this I am peeved by the fact that my terms and conditions of my contract appear to have changed without my knowledge and consent and I wondered what I could do about this, if anything. I have about a year to go on this 18 month contract :(

Advice would be most appreciated.

Comments

• jf2404
    jf2404 Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Usually IN the T&C they state if they are going to change them, then they will let you know, either by post or e-mail.

If they didn't do either and it says they need to contact you, then you don't have to do anything in the new T&C.

At the beginning of May there will be some VERY good off-peak price plans on Vodafone, i'll post more when i'm allowed to (end of april).
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Options
    I had singlepoint to Vodaphone. I had some handset problems and the customer service was very quick and better. I used the 'say no to 0870' numbers too and they were good
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • Yoshii
    Yoshii Posts: 203 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jf2404

will there be any good plans for the xnet mins on contract.

thanks yoshii
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport