We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Sse

Frankndave
Frankndave Posts: 18 Forumite
Hi all, I contacted by internet SSE to supply my gas and elec. They sent an email to me confirming that they had received my application and would be in touch in due course. I heard nothing at all for weeks and sent them an email to ask if all was in hand. I got an email back saying that they could not speak to me as it was Mr .... that set the account up. i explained that this would of been impossible and there is only myself Mrs....
They refused to speak to me but I found the very first email which stated thank you Mrs... for asking us to supply your gas/elec but in the meantime I contacted Sainsbury's to ask them to supply as I felt very uneasy with the amateur way the customer service team were dealing with me.
When they finally realized that it was me Mrs... it was to late and I had left them. They now want to charge me £50.00 as I have left the scheme early. Can this be right or should I just pay it and put it down to experience and never use SSE again. It just seems a lot of money for poor service on their behalf

Comments

  • dogshome
    dogshome Posts: 3,878 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    WRITE a letter headed Complaint, setting out the history and encloseing copies of the Mrs/Mr Emails, and asking them to send you £10 as compensation for having to write to sort out their error
  • Frankndave
    Frankndave Posts: 18 Forumite
    Ok will give it a go thanks and will post their reply for future reference
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Frankndave wrote: »
    Hi all, I contacted by internet SSE to supply my gas and elec. They sent an email to me confirming that they had received my application and would be in touch in due course. I heard nothing at all for weeks and sent them an email to ask if all was in hand. I got an email back saying that they could not speak to me as it was Mr .... that set the account up. i explained that this would of been impossible and there is only myself Mrs....
    They refused to speak to me but I found the very first email which stated thank you Mrs... for asking us to supply your gas/elec but in the meantime I contacted Sainsbury's to ask them to supply as I felt very uneasy with the amateur way the customer service team were dealing with me.
    When they finally realized that it was me Mrs... it was to late and I had left them. They now want to charge me £50.00 as I have left the scheme early. Can this be right or should I just pay it and put it down to experience and never use SSE again. It just seems a lot of money for poor service on their behalf

    So you proved to SSE it was you that originally requested the account be set up. What tariff did you request? Did it have an early exit fee? Did you leave within the term?

    If so, then the early exit fee will probably apply, I'm afraid.

    You may get £10 compo if you make a fuss due to them pfaffing you about earlier.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.