Cheap Energy Club useless

Options
Christabel
Christabel Posts: 250 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I joined the Cheap Energy Club when it was first founded and have never heard from them since. I was with First Utility on their isave v12 and this is a statement about it:

"Customers on First Utility’s iSave V12 tariff will see their bills rise by an average of 19% from 1 June. The rise will affect approximately 18% of First Utility’s customers.

First Utility’s price rise is unusually high at 19%. It comes months after the big six energy suppliers (British Gas, EDF, Eon, Npower, SSE and Scottish Power) increased their prices by an average of 7-10%".

At no time did the Cheap Energy Club get in touch with me even though this increase is massive. I have now moved to EDF.

Comments

• Southend1
    Southend1 Posts: 3,362 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I switched in Feb. still waiting for cashback 4 months later. Cheap energy club don't respond to emails unless it's to fob you off. Useless!
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Same here!
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    Christabel wrote: »
    I joined the Cheap Energy Club when it was first founded and have never heard from them since. I was with First Utility on their isave v12 and this is a statement about it:

"Customers on First Utility’s iSave V12 tariff will see their bills rise by an average of 19% from 1 June. The rise will affect approximately 18% of First Utility’s customers.

First Utility’s price rise is unusually high at 19%. It comes months after the big six energy suppliers (British Gas, EDF, Eon, Npower, SSE and Scottish Power) increased their prices by an average of 7-10%".

At no time did the Cheap Energy Club get in touch with me even though this increase is massive. I have now moved to EDF.

Did you set a price level at which to start receiving alerts? If so, did the increase trigger this?

Have you checked your spam filters? Perhaps the alert is in there? Have you checked with your ISP? Perhaps they are blocking the emails?
  • Wywth
    Options
    Southend1 wrote: »
    I switched in Feb. still waiting for cashback 4 months later. Cheap energy club don't respond to emails unless it's to fob you off. Useless!

I'm sorry to fob you off again, but it usually takes at least a month to actually switch supplier, and then you have to wait a good 3 months to receive the cashback according to the CEC.

Please be patient, everything comes to those that wait :)
  • Southend1
    Options
    Wywth wrote: »
    I'm sorry to fob you off again, but it usually takes at least a month to actually switch supplier, and then you have to wait a good 3 months to receive the cashback according to the CEC.

Please be patient, everything comes to those that wait :)

CEC said in an email to me it should be 3 months from the date I requested the switch.

A month to switch supplier is ridiculous and 3 months to make a BACS transfer is bonkers anyway!

The whole energy industry is a disgrace! Why we have to go through this ridiculous merry go round of switching all the time is beyond me. All it does is add additional cost to the consumer. Renationalise and put an end to it all!
  • pjread
    pjread Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A month to switch supplier is ridiculous

I believe a good chunk (14 or 21 days?) of that time is to allow for the cancellation/mind changing period.
  • Wywth
    Options
    CEC said in an email to me it should be 3 months from the date I requested the switch. ...
    I believe it says 3 months from the date of switch, not from the date you requested the switch. ;)
  • Southend1
    Options
    Wywth wrote: »
    I believe it says 3 months from the date of switch, not from the date you requested the switch. ;)

No.

This is what it says...

"Hi there

Many thanks for your email to the Cheap Energy Club. https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub

It can take up to three months from the date you instructed the switch for your CEC account to be fully updated and any cashback due paid to you. If you are due any cashback please check your bank statements. Cashback will appear on your bank statement as ‘Utilities Cashback’ paid by MoneySupermarket.

If you do not receive your cashback or your CEC account has not updated within three months then please email us back.

I hope that helps."
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Always suspected it was Moneysupermarket . con
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • Southend1
    Options
    penrhyn wrote: »
    Always suspected it was Moneysupermarket . con

It's definitely a con. When they sent me that email it was almost four months since I switched and no sign of cashback. I emailed again a couple of weeks later and someone emailed back to check my details and said they would look into it. Haven't heard anything since, and that was a week or so ago. Sick of being fobbed off, would definitely warn others not to switch through CEC.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure