🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Help please, unknown debt?

Options

Comments

• pipk62
    pipk62 Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    RAS wrote: »
    Pip

it is 12+2+30 so they have until July 30, then send the Crown's letter immediately.

RAS

Thanks RAS, only 4 days to go :T

Had no more letters or phone calls for over a month, still going to (try and) kick their posterior tho' ;)
    :think: :silenced:
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,864 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's the spirit!
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • pipk62
    Options
    :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Just sat here typing an update for 45 minutes, went to preview, and had to sign in again....
    then lost the lot!
    :confused:
    I'll have to do it all again!

Basically, in the meantime, I had another letter last Friday from Ruthbridge, telling lies, and threatening me with bankruptcy, and also sent the letter that Crown kindly posted for me.

Just wanted to ask how do I complain about this company to "the OFT, the Information Commissioners Office, Trading Standards, the CSA, the FOS and my local MP."
    Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks.

• RAS
    Options
    Hi

if you lose a post, your log-in box pops up. Just type in your name and password and your account becomes live again, which means that you post is saved.
  • RAS
    Options
    pipk62 wrote: »
    High pip

Just shooting themselves in the foot, or perhaps the skull, again!

how do I complain about this company to "the OFT, ring 08454 04 05 06.

the Information Commissioners Office,

Trading Standards, check the phone number, for preference in the town/city where Ruthbridge are based, try www.192.com

the CSA,

the FOS

my local MP." http://www.parliament.uk/directories/hciolists/clomps.cfm

Hope it all goes well
  • pipk62
    Options
    Hi

if you lose a post, your log-in box pops up. Just type in your name and password and your account becomes live again, which means that you post is saved.

No, done that, but the screen wouldn't load, had an error message.
    Never mind.
    Hope it all goes well

Thanks for that RAS, should have looked through the posts or forum, but after my mishap was tired and annoyed, especially as it was by then early morning. :rolleyes:
  • BWZN93
    BWZN93 Posts: 2,182 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey all

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I participated in an interesting thread a while ago that has quite a lot of useful in it, and may be of use here.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=73675

Feel free to PM me if I can be of any help!

Jo x
    #KiamaHouse
  • Alpha47
    Alpha47 Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    Hello ;)

Just an update on my situation following Pipk62 post, its very similar.

I have been having the same trouble with Ruthbridge, they do not bother to reply to letters, and threaten to make you bankrupt and you may not even be aware of the debt they are talking about because its years old. That is if it is you they are actually chasing.

I sent them the letters posted on this site asking for details and not acknowledging any debt. No reply despite having written about three times to them. I know they got the letters, Crowns letter (thank you Crown) will be going out to them when the 12+2+30 days are up, very soon.

In the end I phoned the OFT and they contacted trading standards on my behalf. They have written to the MD of Ruthbridge asking for an explanation.

I have not heard anything back from either party yet, so will let you know what happens. Good luck pipk62.
    Alpha
  • PM7
    PM7 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Interestingly, I hadn't heard again from these lovely people since my last post here. Today however I recieved a 'letter' addressed simply to 'The Occupier'
    it was very short and wonderfully strange:

Express Delivery

Urgent

Please contact the undersigned

immediately

on telephone number xxxxxxxx

Quoting ref xxxxxxx

all calls will be charged at national rate

It is 'signed' in the exact same font as the others, but by a different person claiming to be operations controller.

Needless to say, I have no intentions of phoning them.

I suspect this is some kind of trick, but they must think a person is exceptionally stupid to fall for it. Anyone had this letter, any thoughts on it? Its pretty clear that these people have no leg to stand on, if they were able to claim money from me they could and would have at least tried by now. Perhaps I should seek legal advice as I am pretty sure what they are doing cannot be within the law?
  • uncle_pablo
    Options
    Any update?????

Pablo
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts