Replies

• edited 3 July 2013 at 9:37AM
    jem16jem16 Forumite
    19.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 July 2013 at 9:37AM
    planteria wrote: »
    Sheffield Mutual give referral vouchers, whereas Kingston Unity actually pay a small percentage of contributions, from what i have been told, so i dont think either jem or pp are right in that respect. it may be that the system there has recently changed.

Sheffield - £25 worth of vouchers.

http://www.sheffieldmutual.com/tell-a-friend

Kingston - £50

http://www.kingstonunity.co.uk/about/recommend-a-friend/

This is why we're against people posting referral links. You have to question the motive behind the recommendation - is it because the product is good? In this case absolutely not. Or is it a case of there's something in it for me?
  • planteria wrote: »
    agreed. just putting aside a regular amount can be useful. Regular Savers have been useful to me over the years, even if the rates paid haven't been fantastic. £5/month is hardly missed and currently is covered by the £5s that arrive in the same accounts on the same day, courtesy of Halifax Rewards. without those little DDs, i wouldn't qualify for the 'Rewards' that (largely) cover them.

A cunning plan planteria ;)
  • planteriaplanteria Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some members may have received more .. it was a calculation of policies held + contributions made. I remain satisfied.

i am pleased you are patientperson. a good 'return' on your investment. was it purely good fortune, or did you have an inkling that a windfall might be in the, er, wind:question:
  • jem16 wrote: »

Sheffield - £25 worth of vouchers.

Kingston - £50

This post clarifies the reward given to existing members when introducing further potential members. :)

Sorry jem16 .. I am not permitted to include your links as a newbie has no permission.
  • planteria wrote: »
    i am pleased you are patientperson. a good 'return' on your investment. was it purely good fortune, or did you have an inkling that a windfall might be in the, er, wind:question:

Friendly Societies Year Book was a good starting point for me but as with all windfalls it was speculative.
    5.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    A cunning plan planteria ;)

:laugh: i am glad you like it. very very much small beer, of course, but the idea that, for example, my Kingston Unity TESP is effectively 'free' is quite nice. if Halifax stop dishing out fivers, of course, then the remainder of my 10 years of Fivers would need to be found from somewhere. account incentives, £55 x 2 for Santander accounts and a £100 from CoOp Bank on the way, all go into the same little pot and fund these too. if my TESPs can all be covered by Rewards/Incentives then it'd be a bit of a result.............but i accept the knockers & appreciate that this isn't Serious Investment.

whether i will continue membership of these FSs beyond my TESPs, we will see when the time comes.

& thank you for the links jem. as i repeat, i hadn't mentioned being an Introducer here...my decision not to was taken out of my hands:shhh: and then i was criticised for it:dance:......but as i say, as an 'Introducer' with KUFS i was told that there was a different system. it's not something i can/want to spend a lot of time on, but if you really want to know what i am paid if/when i introduce someone, i don't mind sharing it with you.
    5.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    jem16 wrote: »
    Your very first post on TESPs telling us how wonderful the products were, also offered to act as an Introducer for them.

which was removed, and i didn't mention it again in this thread, which was specifically started to discuss TESPs, but not to offer referrals, as had been requested. that wasn't good enough though;)
    5.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's quite clear from the links what is being paid for each introduction. If you were told something different, then that's up to you to check out.

Agreed. But i'm not concerned about it.
    5.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then share it.

No problem. I offered to. I haven't Introduced anyone to Kingston Unity Friendly Society yet:A
  • edited 3 July 2013 at 12:31PM
    jem16jem16 Forumite
    19.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 July 2013 at 12:31PM
    No problem. I offered to. I haven't Introduced anyone to Kingston Unity Friendly Society yet:A

I'll remind you what you actually offered. Note the part I have emboldened.
    but if you really want to know what i am paid if/when i introduce someone, i don't mind sharing it with you.

But don't worry about it as it's clear from the website and it's unlikely that you will get any referrals from here.
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cut overdraft charges

10 tips to pay less for your overdraft + how to pay it off

MSE Guides

FREE tennis coaching

Find your nearest session and pre-book your place online

MSE Deals