My first home &I want to OWN it!

Options

Comments

• Ellie83
    Ellie83 Posts: 525 Forumite
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    You have a bespoke hand-crafted cupboard in your bathroom? Ooooohhhh, there's posh :D.

My thoughts exactly :p
  • KolaKube
    KolaKube Posts: 427 Forumite
    Options
    I'm willing to carefully dismantle it and sell it to you if you like... would break my heart naturally, but anything for you guys...
    MFW Sept 2013 Starting balance: £101160.59 25 years :eek:
    OPs 2013-2014: £64.33 :o MFW #78
  • brenda10
    brenda10 Posts: 340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sorry about my spelling mistake in heading!! Can't edit it, ha!

My daughter will soon be looking for a mortgage and every penny counts. I will be watching each of your journeys with interest. I have been there, scrimped and got there now it is my turn to empower and help my daughter and partner. Martin has and will always be my HERO:money:.
  • Katzen
    Katzen Posts: 535 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    If anyone's in the market for bespoke hand crafted stuff we've got a kitchen and fitted wardrobes going spare at ours. Can't quite believe it but it turns out the ppl we bought off moved in over 30yrs ago and loved the 'look' left by previous owners so might they left it. Aside from some delightful orange vinyl wallpaper in the dining room its not been touched since before I was born!
    Mortgage Outstanding Nov '16 £142,772.75
    Mortgage Additional OPs 2017 Target £4522.80/ Actual £865.00
    GC Feb 0/£200
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Katzen wrote: »
    If anyone's in the market for bespoke hand crafted stuff we've got a kitchen and fitted wardrobes going spare at ours. Can't quite believe it but it turns out the ppl we bought off moved in over 30yrs ago and loved the 'look' left by previous owners so might they left it. Aside from some delightful orange vinyl wallpaper in the dining room its not been touched since before I was born!

Shudder - hmm I wonder if I can get Dr KW to decorate - the paint is looking tired in our house.
    Must use my stash up!
  • Katzen
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Not enjoying this feeling of stalling at the moment. Really must learn to be more patient as this mortgage isn't going to disappear over night!
    Practising a little OS money saving this week in the form of rubber chicken. Got away with serving DH only a drumstick and wing (though he did kindly eat my spare wing too) from the roast and its now tucked in the fridge ready for pie tomorrow, curry Monday and noodle soup Tuesday. Still somehow over £40 on the weekly shop but not a bad effort really.
    GC Feb 0/£200
  • Katzen
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Earned myself a little good karma this week by spending yesterday building flat packs for SiL who has also just bought her 1st house. Not the most fun but she did provide biccies so well worth it!
    rubber chicken is going well too. Lovely pie with mushrooms and tarragon yest and curry tomo.
    And finally I've got a plan for my MF journey, which starts with replenishing the savings to get a little emergency fund down. £1000 ought to do as a start, scrapped together out of savings from other budget areas. So, there's my first focus and its something I can do straight away :j
    GC Feb 0/£200
  • Katzen
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Just had a mini heart attack. Logged in to online banking and it's showing -£319 :eek: after payday on Friday. Fortunately the cause was not cancelling a previous standing order to a savings account so I managed to recover the money.
    Slow progress towards my savings goal but nice to have something concrete to aim for whilst the mortgage and house plans settle down.
    GC Feb 0/£200
  • KolaKube
    KolaKube Posts: 427 Forumite
    Options
    Heart attacks are quite common here logging into the ol' internet bank lol... Unfortunately not often due to a mistake! Well done rubber chickening!
    MFW Sept 2013 Starting balance: £101160.59 25 years :eek:
    OPs 2013-2014: £64.33 :o MFW #78
  • Katzen
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Cheers KK, would def recommend the rubber chicken method, 3tasty meals and enough for 2lunches of left overs all for a £4.50 chicken, can't be beaten I say.
    Managed to stash an extra £100 that I lent to open the current account and havent missed this last month so sent it straight to savings- halfway there :j
    GC Feb 0/£200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills