What game are you currently playing?

Options

Comments

• bluenoseam
    bluenoseam Posts: 4,612 Forumite
    Options
    I just started Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance the other night which I picked up from the local Blockies before it closed (£6.50 - would've been rude not to!) on PS3. Massive difference to the usual Metal Gear stuff and if the truth's told I'm not really "bothered" by that too much, taken on face value as a spin off it's alright. Looks nice, plays with enough action not to be boring but there are parts where it's essentially a very pretty button basher - especially when the brain decides to not suspend the notion of it being a Metal Gear game.

Think once this one's down - which I don't expect to take long - I'll be back into Assassins Creed 3 then maybe check out Far Cry 3, so many "cheapies" picked up in recent months which I haven't had time to get round to yet.
    Retired member - fed up with the general tone of the place.
  • senileturtle
    Options
    You not got plus? MGS R got given away with plus a few months back.
  • Percy1983
    Percy1983 Posts: 5,244 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You not got plus? MGS R got given away with plus a few months back.

You mean rented away...

Anyway still on defence grid, strangle adictive.

Also just got go home on pc from humble bundle for £3
    Have my first business premises (+4th business) 01/11/2017
    Quit day job to run 3 businesses 08/02/2017
    Started third business 25/06/2016
    Son born 13/09/2015
    Started a second business 03/08/2013
    Officially the owner of my own business since 13/01/2012
  • senileturtle
    Options
    No, I mean given away, as in 'free'. The same way we say 'medical care is free on the nhs'. The plus service didn't use to have free games like it does now. And with the PS4 you pretty much are forced into paying for it if you want to play online multiplayer. Besides, the cost of plus is significantly less than the cost of all the games they give away, so it could be said it is really free.
  • bluenoseam
    bluenoseam Posts: 4,612 Forumite
    Options
    I don't have plus, it seems somewhat pointless to me given it's not needed & was really only ever introduced to test the waters to see if Playstation gamers would pony up for a subscription service. I'm also incredibly old fashioned in that I prefer to have something to show for what I've spent in that sort of case.
    Retired member - fed up with the general tone of the place.
  • Paully232000
    Options
    bluenoseam wrote: »
    I just started Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance the other night which I picked up from the local Blockies before it closed (£6.50 - would've been rude not to!) on PS3. Massive difference to the usual Metal Gear stuff and if the truth's told I'm not really "bothered" by that too much, taken on face value as a spin off it's alright. Looks nice, plays with enough action not to be boring but there are parts where it's essentially a very pretty button basher - especially when the brain decides to not suspend the notion of it being a Metal Gear game.

Think once this one's down - which I don't expect to take long - I'll be back into Assassins Creed 3 then maybe check out Far Cry 3, so many "cheapies" picked up in recent months which I haven't had time to get round to yet.

Definitely check this out, I would say that it is one of my fave games for the xbox360. Also if you havent played FC2 get that as well as brilliant as well.
  • Percy1983
    Percy1983 Posts: 5,244 Forumite
    Options
    No, I mean given away, as in 'free'. The same way we say 'medical care is free on the nhs'. The plus service didn't use to have free games like it does now. And with the PS4 you pretty much are forced into paying for it if you want to play online multiplayer. Besides, the cost of plus is significantly less than the cost of all the games they give away, so it could be said it is really free.

Stop paying for plus and see what happens to all the 'free' games you have downloaded, oh look they stop working unless you keep paying for plus... sounds like a rental to me.

I am not debating the value of plus but yet again its only good value if you want to play the games they are giving you free rental on.
    Have my first business premises (+4th business) 01/11/2017
    Quit day job to run 3 businesses 08/02/2017
    Started third business 25/06/2016
    Son born 13/09/2015
    Started a second business 03/08/2013
    Officially the owner of my own business since 13/01/2012
  • fozzeh
    fozzeh Posts: 994 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Ghosts. Good SP as expected from IW. One of the worst MP I have experienced yet for a CoD. Some of the worst maps I have seen, some of the worst spawn points ever. Some of the worst 'strategical waiting and positions' too. Given it a few hours, can't see it taking me away from the Battlefield.
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    Options
    Pokemon X

Currently a bit frustrated with not being able to catch Frofrou.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • Pitchshifter
    Pitchshifter Posts: 264 Forumite
    edited 24 December 2013 at 10:41PM
    Options
    Grid 2. with the keyboard. Anyone else play this? I found the original Grid to be more playable. The drift mechanic in this game ruins the natural steering feel I used to get. I find it oversteers a ludicrous amount when you don't want to drift and you end up slamming into the rocks. I'll persevere though cos on the whole I love this series more than NFS.

Oh lol, also just finished Shadow Warrior, really good fun experience OTT Slice'n'Dice 'em up!

Forgot to mention the scariest game I played recently, Outlast. Do yourself a favour and scare yourself witless with this one, trust me! Pure survival horror at it's best.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure