Porting out, then back into network via PAYG sim Beware

Options
HugoSP
HugoSP Posts: 2,467 Forumite
I hold my hand up.

I have been telling people on here that I was in the process of porting out of, and then back into T Mobile via Vodafone.

Yesterday I completed half that process. Vodafone had sent me free of charge sim cards with my numbers to be ported onto. This happened successfully yesterday.

Today I contacted Vodafone and asked them for porting codes to port my numbers away from them. Initially I was told that I had to be with them on PAYG for a min of 30 days before they could release the porting codes.

I insisted that this was not as I was told on two separate occasions. I was then put through to a supervisor.

The supervisor explained that the restriction was due to a technical issue, not a Vodafone policy. He claimed that the porting codes given by the previous operator were still valid for 30 days and that this could present problems when porting them again within this period.

However he did try to raise some codes. Apparently he succeeded. He gave me two codes, one for each number. I then contacted T Mobile and passed them onto the operator. She advised me that they would be passed to the relevent department.

That was today. - Watch this space!
Behind every great man is a good woman
Beside this ordinary man is a great woman
£2 savings jar - now at £3.42:rotfl:

Comments

• emma396
    emma396 Posts: 760 Forumite
    Options
    hmmmm, i'm doing the same at the mo, but i didn't need to coz i changed me mind :o
    i've ported my o2 number to t mobile coz i thought i was going to go back to o2, but have found a better deal on vodafone. the number ported over on tuesday morning, i rang them about noon and they said it'd take 7 days. hmmmmm. i think i will try 2moro and demand it :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure