dropping VM package but still in the 18 months ?

Options
Hi everyone ... i am thinking about changing my virgin media package to a lower package, getting rid of a box and dropping to next tv package down but i am still under contract with them ... what would the penalties be ?
it just seems silly as i dont ever sit in the living room and only use the box in the conservatory ?

Thanks everyone Lisa
DFW
January £0/£11,100

NSD
January 1/31

Comments

• mumofthetwins
    mumofthetwins Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    Options
    oh meant to say im gonna keep the broadband and telephone (even though the telephone has never been used seems silly but i think i have to have it for the broadband :o)

lisa
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 21 June 2013 at 12:06PM
    Options
    even though the telephone has never been used seems silly but i think i have to have it for the broadband
    You don't need telephone in order to have broadband via Cable. The problem is buying it alone won't be significantly cheaper due to the bundle offers.

You'll probably find you'll have to continue with your other services too, or pay an early exit fee equivalent to having them anyway.
  • mumofthetwins
    mumofthetwins Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    Options
    thanks i might even try giving them a call to see if i could get the spare box moved upstairs as i might use it up there ?
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • Cycrow
    Cycrow Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    You might be able to drop down a TV package while still in the 18months, you will have to phone them up and find out
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    They will have told you the respective commitments in their welcome letter. A second box does not usually have a minimum term, so you can probably drop this immediately.

As you are not terminating, you can probably drop to M+ to save money - I did, and missed nothing of importance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure