IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice on invoice from ANPR ltd

Options
1235»

Comments

• MothballsWallet
    Options
    Just had a thought (it does occasionally happen in my aging brain): these ANPR camera things and compliance with BPA codes on their use and maintenance - does anyone know those codes make reference to ISO 27000-series standards on data security (relating to IT issues such as, but not limited to, backup & recovery systems, fallback procedures, whether any file servers that may hold their evidence for later case use are mirrored)?

That would be interesting to know: it could become useful in the future, but what do I know, eh? :)
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,402 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just had a thought (it does occasionally happen in my aging brain): these ANPR camera things and compliance with BPA codes on their use and maintenance - does anyone know those codes make reference to ISO 27000-series standards on data security (relating to IT issues such as, but not limited to, backup & recovery systems, fallback procedures, whether any file servers that may hold their evidence for later case use are mirrored)?

That would be interesting to know: it could become useful in the future, but what do I know, eh? :)

Spacey has been posting on numerous occasions about something similar. Maybe PM him?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Added to the POPLA thread as requested:)

I'll pass on the other messages to my colleague on Monday. I'm sure she'll be happy to help.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,402 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just a thought from me - do ANPR Ltd actually use ANPR camera equipment.

It may sound a daft question at face value, but I don't recall any threads I've read where ANPR cameras have been at the centre of an 'Oor Trev' scam.

More fantasy island stuff from Preston's very own Enforcer-In-Chief perhaps? :cool:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • 4consumerrights
    Options
    Could be bluffing - the BPA AOS lists his membership with a tick under ANPR, website also claims to use ANPR however Trevor & Annette Whitehouse seem to have diffculties grasping reality - their command of English language is also a joke. The letters they sent to this OP are atrocious and I do hope the OP follows everyone's advice in reporting to relevant authorities enclosing copies of all correspondence sent. He should also look up in a dictionary the meaning of the word "deter" ("to discourage or prevent an action, usually by instilling fear doubt or anxiety) - this is how he describes the issuing and pursuance of parking charges.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 11 October 2013 at 10:58PM
    Options
    Yep but have you seen their wonderful 'ANPR-in-a-box' special website?!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4790402

Catches terrorists apparently! And they can spell 'mathematical algorithms' too!

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MothballsWallet
    Options
    CM: what makes me smirk a little at these ANPR camera technologies is that they rely on optical character recognition from a video image of varying quality (depends on camera resolution, speed of subject vehicle, distance, weather, etc.)

There's also the fact that the police have for years wanted all registration plates in this country to be a standard font - I think they have prosecuted some drivers for having handwriting-like fonts on their car plates because the cameras can't read them properly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure