🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

LIVING IN A FLAT: Best Line rental, phone, broadband, and TV deal?

Options
LIVING IN A FLAT: Best Line rental, phone, broadband, and TV deal?
Hi, I am confused by pricing and packages for line rental, phone, broadband, and TV deal.

I compare cots there are hidden prices that make comparisons difficult as some get hidden (i.e. good deals do not show line rental costs in monthly ‘headline’ prices).

What are the best deals for those living in flats?

The other confusing thing is that if I get Sky I have to go through our ‘communal’ dish and I have been told that this may limit what we can watch/record…. Is this true?

Plus costs for flats seem more expensive on the Sky website (doesn’t look like their main deals apply to flats when you go through communal dish or if they are then this is not easy to see).

Can anyone help?

As a reminder, I am after a package for a flat, containing: Line rental, phone, broadband, and TV.

Thanks in advance, Si999

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Si999 wrote: »
    The other confusing thing is that if I get Sky I have to go through our ‘communal’ dish and I have been told that this may limit what we can watch/record…. Is this true?
    It's true that some communal dishes don't allow the Sky+ features to operate fully because there is only one feed per flat to the dish. Sky+ requires two feeds in order to watch one programme while recording another. Hardly a deal breaker in most instances, it depends how much recording you want to do.

As to your main question, I'd say you'll have to shop around yourself for the best deal.
    Check out Virgin Media if there are cable services in your area as it is widely accepted that their broadband is superior to most.
    BT is improving it's TV offering, but it doesn't provide all of the options of the main two players yet.

At the end of the day, it's your choice but it largely depends on your personal requirements and what is available to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport