sky tv blue screen on recordings

Options
Tonight I attempted to watch a programme previously recorded and just got a blue screen and no sound.

This is the 3rd time in the space of a month this has happened but on the first 2 occasions I just switched tv and sky+hd box off and on with my remote and everything was ok.

Tonight though when I got the blue screen on the recording I pressed back up to go back to watching something on tv instead but still had the blue screen. So couldn't watch tv channels, recorded programmes or anything via my on demand box. Went through the whole palaver of unplugging everything etc and have managed to get tv channels working but only by deleting the recorded programme I wanted to watch originally.

Also tried to do the planner rebuild as per sky website instructions but couldn't get very far as got message saying can't access this menu when recording 2 programmes but I wasn't recording anything!

Anyway everything seems to be working ok now but don't want to be having to keep deleting recorded programmes to get to watch my tv if this is going to be a regular thing. Checked online and found a couple of other forums referring to this issue but they seem to be a couple of years old.

Does anybody think it's worth calling sky up myself as nobody seemed to get a satisfactory response from them on the sky forums I read?? My sky box is only 6 months old so shouldn't involve a callout charge. Wondering if it's worth asking for a new box??

Many thanks for any suggestions :o
Savings Target 2015 £10/£3000 :rotfl:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's a well documented fault. Sky will swap out your existing box for a reconditioned one under warranty, but will probably want the existing box to have failed completely before they do.
  • marcowil
    marcowil Posts: 687 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been having the same issue for a few months now. Tried using Sky's online chat to resolve it and ended up losing all my recordings, despite the advisor stating that I wouldnt. The problem still isnt solved, it blue-screened again yesterday. I complained to Sky and am now getting an engineer call-out for free this week to hopefully replace the box.
    The Daily Mail
    Tagline - "Why let the truth get in the way of a story to incense Middle England"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure