Sky pull £100 m&s voucher offer before due date?

Options
As from martin's guide...

£100 M&S vouchers. Sky's offering £100 in M&S vouchers when new customers sign up for any Sky+ package* online before Fri 21 June. Plus you get free standard set-up and a free Sky+ box.

Just tried signing up via the provided link and its now just a £25 voucher even though its 14th June.

Gutted as not only did I miss this but the talk talk £100 voucher offer too for phone and broadband. Price for everything is now £16ish a month compared to £8 if ordered just days ago :(

Comments

• LakersLA
    Options
    Hello there

We got SKY in January 2013 with the £100 M and S vouchers being part of the scheme. We are STILL waiting to receive them 6 months later!! I've found many similar posts online saying that it's all false advertising.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    LakersLA wrote: »
    We got SKY in January 2013 with the £100 M and S vouchers being part of the scheme. We are STILL waiting to receive them 6 months later!! I've found many similar posts online saying that it's all false advertising.
    I can only report that my vouchers came about four weeks after our installation. I did ring Sky about them, but the operator said they had already been despatched.

What do Sky have to say about it?
  • menina
    menina Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    I just recieved an email from sky (I am a sky cutomer) saying that if I upgraded to Sky TV entertainment extra package I would get £100 in M&S vouchers. The extra amount that I need to pay is £2.50 per month. Apparently the voucher should arrive within 45 days of taking the upgrade. As far as I understand it, there is then no obligation to continue with the upgrade, so £100 in vouchers for around £5. Hope this helps some Sky customers.
    LBM early Jan 2013. Debt to clear at LBM (£25,804) £15,187. Barclaycard £1980 Unsecured Natwest loan £7216. Virgin Money £5991 (@0% until Aug 2015). Natwest credit card £0. Halifax overdraft £1000.
  • Shoog
    Shoog Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Saw this too and wondered about it. Thought it was £5 extra though? And often with this sort of thing it means a new 12 month contract?

Did you do it online or via phone?

Possibly an extra
    £5 if you go via TopCashback.
  • ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    edited 14 June 2013 at 11:07PM
    Options
    I haven't read the terms and conditions yet but no doubt it'll be a new 12 month contract. No way they'll give away £100 vouchers for nothing.

Why are they so desperate to get people on to the Entertainment Plus package? I've had a couple of letters about it but I don't want to upgrade. If I change my package, I'll lose my £22 a month from the price freeze days. :(
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • menina
    Options
    Shoog wrote: »
    Saw this too and wondered about it. Thought it was £5 extra though? And often with this sort of thing it means a new 12 month contract?

Did you do it online or via phone?

It is usually £5 extra, this offer is a promotional rate of £2.50 a month for 6 months. I don't think it means another 12 month contract. I've given it a go anyway and intend to cancel it after I (hopefully!) get my voucher. Couldn't see that this would be a problem in the T&Cs ...

I forgot about TCB though (bad habit!!)
    LBM early Jan 2013. Debt to clear at LBM (£25,804) £15,187. Barclaycard £1980 Unsecured Natwest loan £7216. Virgin Money £5991 (@0% until Aug 2015). Natwest credit card £0. Halifax overdraft £1000.
  • menina
    Options
    Actually, it seems it is on a 12 month contract. Thats ok for me though as sky is the only provider I can get for my property (not hat I'd ever let them know that!!) Worst case scenario, I've misunderstood and somehow end up having the upgrade for a year. This will cost £75 so still £25 profit :)
  • littlemisskc
    Options
    Good luck with anyone trying to get this offer. Everytime I try its charging me for the box £199. you speak to sales and they cant do the vouchers. Total waste of time.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good luck with anyone trying to get this offer. Everytime I try its charging me for the box £199. you speak to sales and they cant do the vouchers. Total waste of time.

But it's just upgrading your TV package to Entertainment Extra, not changing the box itself.
  • hiohaa
    hiohaa Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can only report that my vouchers came about four weeks after our installation. I did ring Sky about them, but the operator said they had already been despatched.

What do Sky have to say about it?

hi, please please can you tell me how the vouchers came, in what form?

was it just 1 x £100 voucher that you could only use once? as in you had to spend more than £100 in 1 go?

or could you spend it bit by bit?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport