New contract with Virgin Media -not asked

Options
duchy
duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
The boyfriend is still with Virgin Media and we have been discussing the merits of staying with them v going to Sky when he moves shortly.

He mentioned Virgin rang last week to check he was happy with his services. He mentioned he was moving soon and the agent gave him the number of the porting team. He thought no more about it.

Today I asked him what his phone package includes-and he handed me a letter from Virgin with the breakdown. I flipped when I saw it was a letter saying his new services were now ordered (there's nothing new on the account) and his contract was until June next year!!

Virgin's so called courtesy call was to extend his contract however NO mention was made of the extension. A loyalty bonus was added to his account (but was not mentioned to him).

I was livid -especially as I work for a competitor and know how contract extensions work.

I rang Virgin -who apologised and eventually transferred me to customer relations as she was unable to confirm the contract date had reverted to August this year. I asked for compensation and was offered £10.

My boyfriend will now be moving to Sky as soon as he goes out of contract - This was complete deception and utterly unacceptable.
I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem

Comments

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    COuld others explain to me what happens when the contract with VM comes to an end.

e.g

A) When can I cancel it? 1 month before the end ?!
    B) When can I change the package for the new term?

Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »
    COuld others explain to me what happens when the contract with VM comes to an end.
    The contract doesn't "come to an end", only the minimum term does. The contract to supply you services continues until it is cancelled.
    You can change your services at any time, but upgrading will normally mean you entering into a new minimum term.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I want to down grade after 18m.
    It's not worth me doing now it seams unless anyone knows different.
    I want to remove tv (Xl) but worked out it would only save me £150/yr during the minimum term.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure