Question for all card makers please

Options
betterlife
betterlife Posts: 897 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi,
i was wondering what glue you use to stick in the paper inserts into greeting cards, i have tried prit stick and tacky glue and found they just fall out? although im wondering if this is because i fold the cards myself using a creasing bone and the crease is not deep enough like in pre-folded cards? (im considering buying a creasing machine) any advice would be great thank you :)
One day I will live in a cabin in the woods

Comments

• macma
    macma Posts: 911 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I put a thin strip of double sided tape one side of the crease ( about 2" long) then "spot" of double sided on the other side of card .I slip in the inner and fold to pick up the "spot"
    That sounds a bit complicated but it works for me, because I don't use much tape I don't get wrinkles-not on my cards anyway :rotfl:
  • betterlife
    betterlife Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Macma, thanks for that, i have some really thin double sided tape so i will try that, i make wedding invitations, normally just flat card style, but thought it would be good to offer the folded type aswell, and inserts look much nicer than just printing on the inside of the card, i also get asked alot for order of service, but with the inserts not sticking well i`ve often turned them down (however i am thinking of getting a longer stapler for this when more than 1 insert page is required) i think i should maybe experiment more with glues aswell, as sometimes i need to stick a larger piece of paper to card, and as you say some glues can wrinkle or show through, thank you for your advice, much appreciated :)
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I find a line of pritt stick works well. It doesn't show through and its strong enough to hold it in place.
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • djp64
    djp64 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another person, like Macma, who uses double sided tape. I use 6mm tape, a single strip close to the crease that covers about 75% of the length of the insert. I usually put the tape on the back edge of the insert not the front.

D
  • Crystallady
    Crystallady Posts: 159 Forumite
    Options
    I use a glue stick for my inserts - never had a problem so far.
  • CharlotteMusha
    Options
    I [STRIKE]second/third/fourth[/STRIKE] agree with the double sided tape, nice and precise and easily hidden :-)
    Snowball
    OH Mum Loan - £1010
    OH CC - £1200
    My CC - £3831.75
  • scotnan
    scotnan Posts: 636 Forumite
    Options
    I [STRIKE]second/third/fourth[/STRIKE] agree with the double sided tape, nice and precise and easily hidden :-)

[STRIKE]second/third/fourth/fifth[/STRIKE] me too lol

I also use good quality 120gsm paper for inserts.
  • Waterlily24
    Waterlily24 Posts: 1,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another one here who uses double sided tape.
  • jenni_fer
    jenni_fer Posts: 529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Double sided tape, but not actually in the crease, just to the right of it.
    For Orders of Service, a long arm stapler makes a huge difference, mine was only a few £ from Amazon, staple the paper pages together and then tape into the card outer - much nicer than having a visible staple!
  • Rosie-Jo
    Options
    betterlife wrote: »
    Hi,
    i was wondering what glue you use to stick in the paper inserts into greeting cards, i have tried prit stick and tacky glue and found they just fall out? although im wondering if this is because i fold the cards myself using a creasing bone and the crease is not deep enough like in pre-folded cards? (im considering buying a creasing machine) any advice would be great thank you :)

Double sided tape everytime placed just to one side of the crease - I usually place to the left as you look at the card.
    As for a really sharp crease I would highly recommend a 'Hougie Board'. Since buying mine it is in constant use for all scoring of card & paper and is fantastic for making fancy folds and boxes - no measuring needed. Check it out online for further info. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure