Forum Home» How much have you saved?

What is 'being MSE' - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search

What is 'being MSE'

edited 10 July 2013 at 7:28PM in How much have you saved?
52 replies 11.6K views
12346»

Replies

• edited 23 July 2013 at 6:50PM
    shays_mumshays_mum Forumite
    1.7K posts
    edited 23 July 2013 at 6:50PM
    Being mse is off setting the savings (obv gained from here & my fellow mse posters) against lifes indulgences i.e takeaways once a week lol!.

Also learning to haggle/research & inturn help other people when they are struggling esp now with the recession.

It gives me great pleasure to introduce newbies to this site & help them hopefully turn their lives around. In mu house its quite common for me to say "well on Martin's site they said this that & the other"! lol :).

For me, this site has seriously been a life changer from being a pregnant mum over a decade ago, learning to change my personal (ignorant!) attitudes to money, life etc & now (hopefully!) installing this in my kids & family so they can start on the right footing :)
    No one said it was gonna be easy!
  • Ken68Ken68 Forumite
    6.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I "saw the money", so would never go back to wasting.
    Just a change of ways is all it takes for most savings.
    Take fish and chips as an analogy, if my labour is cheaper than the fish shop, a saving by cooking at home BUT maybe an even greater saving by eating something more nutritious for the money.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support