PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How to remove smells from car upholstery

Options

Comments

• nodwah
    nodwah Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Options
    reminds me of when my son was sick in the car - I couldn't get rid of the smell- I ended up trading it in for another car!!!!!
    Just call me Nodwah the thread killer
  • jimbo69_2
    Options
    You could try

Ayce Systems Ltd

They sell a thermal fogger and various liquids for all types of odour removal. I used one for spilt milk in my car and it worked.
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    Sprinkle cat litter over the upholstery to absorb smells?
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • SilverBird_2
    Options
    Simple Solution Stain & Odour Remover - sold in Pets At Home and other pet stores.

If you have access to a cleaning machine, Bissell's Wash & Protect Pet Odour & Soil Removal Formula works well.
    #Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain #We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us #If you focus on what you have left behind, you will never see what lies ahead - Gusteau/RatatouilleGC 2022: £0/£2,500 total spend
  • stubiz
    stubiz Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I used to work as a school caretaker.... inevitably kids would be sick in the most weirdest of places... a thing we could NOT work without was 'Sanitaire' or know as 'stapro sanitaire'... Basically sprinkly it on the bodily fluid asap before the fluid has dried then wait about a minute then dustpan and brush up... then just scrub the upholstory with water and disinfectant... no smells after atal.. works a treat! although it is expensive at about 4quid for a 500ml approx bottle... its stuff everyhousehold should have!
  • dutchy
    dutchy Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all!
    My friend puked up in my car last night (she was genuinely ill, not drunk). It's been given a real good scrub, but I can't really afford a valet at the moment; wrong end of the month! I detect a lingering odour, and wondered if anybody might have any tips to get rid of this please?
    Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

dutchy
    Toto, something tells me we're not in Kansas anymore......
  • SkintGypsy
    SkintGypsy Posts: 580 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    My husband did this once; drunk not ill. The smell lingered forever, so I would be interested to know too!
    Debt free as of July 2010 :j
    £147,174.00/£175,000
    Eating an elephant, one bite at a time
    £147,000 in 100 months!
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    You could try a vinegar spray,it's a great deodorizer.

-1 tsp baking soda
    -1 tbsp vinegar
    -450mls water

Mix in a spray bottle,it'll foam quite a bit.When it stops foaming,put on the lid and shake well.It eliminates odours without using fake smells.
  • dogmaryxx
    dogmaryxx Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Baking soda and vinegar worked for me.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6307079_remove-vomit-smell-car.html
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi dutchy,

I used bicarbonate of soda sprinkled onto the car seat where some milk had leaked in the car and it worked a treat....no trace of a smell. These earlier threads may help:

How to remove smells from car upholstery

Getting rid of milk smells in car

I'll add your thread to the first link later to keep the ideas together. Please come back and tell us what worked for you.

Pink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport