MSE News: Easyjet takes action over 'misleading' eDreams flight prices

"eDreams has been reported to regulators by budget airline Easyjet, which says it's overcharging consumers..."
Read the full story:

Easyjet takes action over 'misleading' eDreams flight prices

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• Jadorejesu
    Jadorejesu Posts: 5 Forumite
    eDreams are a pure scam website - the amount of complaints you can find online is insane. I booked with them, they took my money and never booked my flights - thankfully I got my money back through PayPal.
    I'm glad a big company is making a fuss, as I know many people have reported them to various authorities, yet they're still trading and taking people's money for nothing.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,841
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    E Dreams in based in Barcelona, they provide no financial protection and according to the CAA in the UK, they are powerless to intervene. It seems they have the perfect model, sell outside your home territory, so that no one complains to local enforcers, and ignore the issues when people complain. Always make sure you know who you are dealing with, it really is a case of "buyer beware"+
  • NFH
    NFH Posts: 4,373
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Why doesn't Easyjet simply block IP addresses known to be used by eDreams?
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    NFH wrote: »
    Why doesn't Easyjet simply block IP addresses known to be used by eDreams?

Guess they could easily get round that using proxies
  • NFH
    NFH Posts: 4,373
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    _Andy_ wrote: »
    Guess they could easily get round that using proxies
    Then they can similarly block the proxies.
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    NFH wrote: »
    Then they can similarly block the proxies.

Yep then they get more!
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Besides, I don't know that easyJet necessarily wants to block eDreams from selling their flights, they just want them to be upfront about prices since easyJet has to be.
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,024
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My Dad has fallen for this website - however if he logs in to the Easyjet website his booking is there (albeit through a completely random email address). Can he be secure in the knowledge that his flights are booked?
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £5,000 | Virgin Credit Card: £4079.19
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Yes. Just that any changes to flight times etc, he isnt going to know about.
    So he will need to keep logging in every so often to check.
  • mcfisco
    mcfisco Posts: 1,955
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    lilian1977 wrote: »
    My Dad has fallen for this website - however if he logs in to the Easyjet website his booking is there (albeit through a completely random email address). Can he be secure in the knowledge that his flights are booked?

Can't he change the email address to suit his?
    I'm guessing that if he can logon, he has permissions to change the details?

I don't use EJ myself so not sure
    I have long known that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure