Advice please: Switched Utilities, no vouchers.

Wywth
Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
PjhNs wrote: »
Hi all, and apologies first if this is the wrong forum area. I have a problem that is in a way half with the utilities company, and half with MSE…

Last September my partner and I switched our Gas & Electric supplier from EDF to Scottish Power, using MSE links that incentivised switching with vouchers [M&S I believe, although it's been so long now I'm not positive of the exact offer].

A couple of months of house-moving upheaval later, we tried to revisit the MSE page that hosted the links we used to switch, but the pages had changed and we could not find them. In February by partner e-mailed MSE asking for advice, but I had little hope for any direct help as I appreciate the website is an extremely busy place. However, much to my surprise and pleasure in March we received the following response:
Hi Kris & Peter
[FONT=&quot]As soon as it has been exactly 3 months from the date you switched, email us back confirming the following and we will ask Scottish Power to investigate.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The date you switched.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Your postcode[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Name on the account[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Email address used for the switch.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kind Regards[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Samantha Whyte[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Editorial Assistant[/FONT]
By this point it was more than five and a half months since we switched. I replied with those details requested (albeit a few weeks after, as my workload was extremely heavy that month), but have heard nothing since, despite several follow-up e-mails asking for any info, e.g. whether someone has asked Scottish Power to investigate or not. I’m having difficulty getting any info directly from SP as they want to know details of the exact incentive, but since the MSE pages have changed we no longer have those details (I should have kept a record somewhere I know, but I naïvely assumed the MSE pages would be superseded by newer ones, not replaced.

So now I don’t really know what to do. So, it’s a long shot I know, but can anyone here offer advice? Anyone had similar issues?

Many thanks,

Pete

So am I correct in understanding you switched energy provider and then moved house shortly thereafter?

If so, I doubt you are entitled to any vouchers, sorry.

Othewise, By my calcuations, I think this was about September time you applied?
If so this link may help:
http://www.itv.com/thismorning/life/money-matters-with-martin-lewis-energy-bills/
Until 29 September [2012] anyone whose home is suitable can get free cavity wall and loft insulation (up to the value of £610), plus a £30 M&S voucher from M&S Energy. Just call 0800 0106 106, or email [EMAIL="homeservices@marksandspencer.com"]homeservices@marksandspencer.com[/EMAIL] to sign up, or to find out more. You’ll also need to quote the code M&S30
Worth a call I would suggest :)

Meanwhile, you can find more help and advice on the Gas & Electricy board here:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13
Failed to load the poll.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills