The Crumpet family's journey to Mortgage Freedom:-)

Options

Comments

• Beckyy
    Beckyy Posts: 2,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I cut down on the amount of ironing I do too, unless it's formal things like shirts or is particularly creased I don't bother now. Saves so much time and electricity (and sanity!) :)

Good news on the car, at least it's all sorted now!
  • SmlSave
    SmlSave Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Enjoy your early night hun :) did you have something fancy at the swanky restaurant?

I don't iron at all :o DH irons his work shirts but that's it for this household. I'm an expert hanger up instead.
    Currently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck :)

Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
    Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    greent does this work? I was suspicious as I was sure it said something about other selling rules applying and I thought I'd end up getting stuffed with some automatic system somewhere!

Apols for hijacking your diary Crumpets :o

It still seems to be going ok :) I've had nothing auto-relist since the new rules came in on 13/05, though, so not sure if this would then be affected. One is due tomorrow - so I'll check then! :D
    Crumpets wrote: »
    Glad I could help TW :D Yorkshire dales are lovely, I used go on holiday there as child quite a lot. Haven't been for ages though, we're only popping across the boarder to Gloucestershire so we're not venturing too far.

Oooh- whereabouts did you stay? Shame about the weather :(
    Crumpets wrote: »
    Yesterday I reserved a new iron at Argos and I thought I would just test the old one to make sure and it worked! So another £40 saved :T I'm not sure how long the iron will last but I'm going to keep using it until it's completely dead. I've also made the decision to drastically reduce the amount of stuff I iron, I'm only going to iron stuff that really needs it and not worry about the other stuff...that's the plan anyway. I found it quite difficult hanging unironed clothes in the wardrobe this morning :o We had good news on the car front as it came in about £90 under what they quoted, so that's a relief :)

I'm a bit of an ironing freak :o - I even iron teatowels (and used to iron muslins, babygros, bibs etc when the children were tiny) I can't not iorn things - however much my common sense tells me that no one will notice!! I blame my mother - she ironed everything too!:p

We've had car issues (again) recently, too :( Glad yours is sorted and for less than they originally thought x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Crumpets
    Crumpets Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone, it's lovey to come back to a busy diary :D glad to hear that most people approve of my new ironing regime. :T I did a few things today that needed the once over but most things have just been folded or hung up straight off the line. I wasn't quite as bad as you Greent but I used to iron pjs and vests etc, it wouldn't have even crossed my mind to iron a muslin though :rotfl:

Sorry to hear about your car troubles too Greent, they are pesky things, the car definitely feels a lot nicer to drive now so hopefully that will be it for a while. We stayed at a farm called Thistledown farm near Stroud when we camped, it was lovely, we'll definitely go back there.

I've had a real slump in energy today, I was practically comatose on the sofa at lunch time, luckily dh was able to take over with the little ones whilst I had a rest. I've obviously been over doing it recently and my body is telling me to slow down, easier said than done though. I have made up for it this evening by cleaning the bathrooms, tidying the bedrooms and making the packed lunches ready for tomorrow :T

A couple of ms things were achieved today
    • eBay sale wrapped and posted -99p in the camping fund :rotfl:
    • 2 bags of clutter taken to the charity shop
    • Got some YS lunch box goodies:T
    • Took children to the library for new books - 75p fine for me :mad:
    • Got given 2 summer school dresses for dd2 for when she starts in September

And some not so ms things
    • Unexpected hair cut for dd1 - £16
    • Swimming lessons, certificate and badge paid for for dd2

We're organising a BBQ for the weekend so I will have to account for that in the weekly shop. I'm sure people will bring food along with them but it's better to be safe than sorry, I will also need to get drinks too, I think I might investigate buying wine by the case as I never have any in for unexpected events/gifts. I hope this lovely weather continues for a while :T

Tomorrow's job is to put the first coat of paint on the newly plastered chimney breast and fire place, I'm hoping we've got everything we need for that so it should be no spend:T

Crumpets x
    Mortgage March 2011 £143,927.6
    Mortgage Feb 2019 £78,323.18
  • Crumpets
    Options
    Another sleepy day for me today, and I have figured out what's causing it - it's the antihistamines that I've started taking for my hayfever, I can't carry on like this so I will have to stop taking them:( another side effect of me being so sleepy is that I've been craving sugary stuff to get energy and as a consequence has made me feel even worse :(

I've tried to do a few things on my list though, I had some things to take back to te$co that were unused from our pre school fundraiser, I'm owed about £16 expenses and I'm going to use that as a cheeky op as the money I spent got bundled in with the shopping :T

We had some more unexpected expense today, I took a chicken out of the freezer to defrost and it smelt disgusting when I took it out the packaging so in the bin it had to go:mad: that was going to be several meals so i'm not a happy crumpets. As I'm desperate to go shopping there was nothing else in for dinner so we ended up having fish and chips for our tea, I also instructed dh to buy chocolate as I just felt the need:o

Dh and I have managed to get the first coat of paint on the fireplace and we're hoping to get a second one on tonight, there is a ton of work to do in the living room before it's finished so we're going to have to break it down into manageable chunks. Our aim is to get it finished for the winter. We've booked two companies to come and give us quotes for restoring our sash windows, I've no idea how much it's likely to be but it will be so nice to be able to open the windows (they're currently painted shut:eek:)

Tomorrow dh and I are off to a gig and we're leaving the children with a local girl :eek: I've never left them with anyone other than family before so I'm a little nervous. She's very sensible though so I'm sure she'll be fine. I'll need to withdraw £20 cash to pay her and also get some spends for drinkies :D

Time to get the little ones into bed now

Crumpets x
  • SmlSave
    SmlSave Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Enjoy the gig :)
    Currently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck :)

Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
    Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway
  • RoaringTwenties
    Options
    Hi Crumpets, sorry I've been away for ages - illness, kids, OH's with back injuries, you know how it is!

So some spendy days and some not so spendy days! Glad the car is sorted. The kids just cost more as time goes on don't they? You do sound to have a lot going on, I'd be knackered even without the antihistamines :o. I have gone the opposite on the ironing front, I used to just iron emergency bits like uniform for the next day! Am trying to be a bit more organised and keep up to it now. I must say I never ironed PJs or teatowels, or bedding come to that. Just the clothes we wear out of the house! I think I need a new iron, mine isn't very good, I've only ever had one, and that was the one my Dad gave me as a pressie when I went to university in 1994 :D. I actually don't mind ironing but don't tell anyone :p

Glad the house renovations are happening. I need to get on with ours but just don't know where to start. A good friend is having a conservatory built at the mo and that is quite inspirational.

Glad you enjoyed your anniversary meal. You do sound very happily married which is lovely :) Have a fab gig!
    Life is changing...but I'm still Money Saving!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hope you enjoyed the gig! :)

Thistledown is only about 10miles from me - lovely area :)

Could you try some different non-drowsy antihistamines? x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Found your diary a few days ago and have thoroughly enjoyed reading it :) Keep up the good work.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Crumpets
    Options
    greent wrote: »
    Hope you enjoyed the gig! :)

Thistledown is only about 10miles from me - lovely area :)

Could you try some different non-drowsy antihistamines? x

It's a small world Greent! It was a beautiful area, we will definitely be returning. We live about an hour from there so we're not too far apart :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family