The Crumpet family's journey to Mortgage Freedom:-)

Options

Comments

• RoaringTwenties
    Options
    Crumpets wrote: »
    Cork flooring sounds very retro...i've got a lovely image building my head of your house RT :D

We haven't even got to the 32 year old brown bathroom yet Crumpets :rotfl:

Well done on the balance bike, my DS has just learnt to ride his actual bike this weekend, his Autism means his balance is an issue so I'm very proud of him, he was on a balance bike for years and it really did help :)
    Life is changing...but I'm still Money Saving!
  • Crumpets
    Crumpets Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Options
    Well done to your Ds RT:T I bet he was so pleased with himself, it's amazing watching them achieve things they work so hard for :) dd has been whizzing around on the balance bike today, I think her confidence has increased already :T
    Mortgage March 2011 £143,927.6
    Mortgage Feb 2019 £78,323.18
  • RoaringTwenties
    Options
    My OH is serious about her cycling, has top quality bikes & [STRIKE]she thinks she knows it all [/STRIKE] has a lot of knowledge in this area ;). She was dead against a balance bike for DS, I can't recall why, some cycling snobby reason, but changed her mind & now says it's one of the best things we ever bought him!

Well done to Miss Crumpets :D
  • Thistlewhistle
    Thistlewhistle Posts: 1,091 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Crumpets,

Well done on the overpayment!

You've really fired my imagination re the camping. I LOVE camping but haven't done it for ages. I mentioned it to OH and he LOVES camping too!!! And I never knew!!! So it looks like we might be going camping soon!
    Just need to find a time when we can both get away at the same time - no easy feat!!! We've decided on the Yorkshire Dales as we love it there.

Thanks!! T:D
    Mortgage at end 05/2007: £90200
    Mortgage at end 08/2018: £71646 paid £18354 (20.5%)
    MFD: :eek:Original:05/2042:eek:
    Car Finance: £8225 : £6392 (22.2% paid off)
    CC Debt (0% until 06/2020): £5640 : £4400 (21.7% paid off)

Age of Money at 31/08/2018 = 23 days

YNAB is changing the way I live my life....and spend my money!!
  • Crumpets
    Options
    Hi Crumpets,

Well done on the overpayment!

You've really fired my imagination re the camping. I LOVE camping but haven't done it for ages. I mentioned it to OH and he LOVES camping too!!! And I never knew!!! So it looks like we might be going camping soon!
    Just need to find a time when we can both get away at the same time - no easy feat!!! We've decided on the Yorkshire Dales as we love it there.

Thanks!! T:D

Glad I could help TW :D Yorkshire dales are lovely, I used go on holiday there as child quite a lot. Haven't been for ages though, we're only popping across the boarder to Gloucestershire so we're not venturing too far.

Today has been an exhausting day, I've had to get everything ready for dd1s trip and everything ready for camping. I still have a few things to do before I can relax though. I need to get the car packed, make the packed lunches, iron the few bits we need to take with us and have a shower. Unfortunately dh is feeling poorly so he's in bed so I'll have to finish things off on my own. I've tried to be really organised with our camping gear. Everything is packed in large plastic crates that I've labelled so when we're packing away, things should go back in the correct box making it a lot easier next time we go. That's the theory anyway:rotfl:

I've tried to be organised with the food for camping too. I cooked a chilli inthe slow cooker today, and it is now in the freezer, I'll take it out before we go and hopefully that should be ok to eat on Wednesday night, tomorrow we will be having chicken fajitas with left over chicken from todays roast:T Thursday night will be a cooking on the campfire night so we'll get something there. I really hope we can spend as little as possible during this trip by being organised and making the most of our surroundings. I think there is a NT property not far from the campsite so we'll do that one of the days weather permitting.

Today has been a rather spendy day, unexpectedly. I had to pop into town to get dd1 a few things for her trip. This trip has cost me a fortune, it's not just the cost of going but all the things we've had to buy to take with her:eek: whilst we were in town there was a vintage festival going on so we had a mooch around there and had a cream tea and brought the children some sweets. Dd and I also had our hair put in victory rolls which cost £7, looked good though :cool:

I picked up my new glasses today, I have to go and get my prescription sunnies next week as they wern't ready yet...humph. it's taking my eyes a while to get used to my new specs, everything is a bit wonky:rotfl:

Our energy meter has arrived and it's a realy eye opener hoe much energy something's use:eek: the kettle is one example, I think I'm going to start filling a flask in the morning and using that to make tea with throughout the day. It got me thinking about weather my friends do any of this MSE stuff behind the scenes, and I really can't imagine it somehow:rotfl:

All the children are tucked up now so i'm going to get the rest of my jobs done and then collapse!

Crumpets x
  • RoaringTwenties
    RoaringTwenties Posts: 458 Forumite
    edited 6 May 2014 at 7:06AM
    Options
    Don't know if I've missed you, but have a great trip Crumpets - hope DH is feeling better & the trip is a great success after all your planning & hard work :T
  • Crumpets
    Options
    Hi RT, thanks for you good wishes :) we're going after lunch so I'm still rushing round like a loon trying to get stuff ready. Ds is NOT helping me so i've had to put him in front of a dvd:o at least we'll have 3 days of screen free time:T

I also sold an item on eBay today:T I was about to give up on it and put it in the charity shop bag as it's been relisted about 5 times...so we now have 99p towards our next camping trip :rotfl:

Crumpets x
  • Crumpets
    Options
    A day earlier than expected as it was so cold and so wet we just couldn't bear the thought of spending another night in the tent. It was a lovely campsite though and the little ones loved it so we'll definitely go again. I think we may have to invest in a [STRIKE]bus[/STRIKE] roof box or trailer as there was absolutely no room left in the car for dd1:eek:

We did end up spending a bit more than we anticipated because we had to go and buy some thermals as we were so cold in the night, it was crazy, even the dog slept at the bottom of the sleeping bag to try and get warm:rotfl:

Came home to a letter from the bank saying we'd gone overdrawn:mad: something's has gone majorly wrong somewhere as I checked the bank the other day and all was ok:mad: also we've missed dh's car insurance renewal so we just have to live with it til next year now. i need to make a note of these things so I'm well prepared. Does anyone use a household planner type thing? I'm thinking this could be useful to me

I'm off to get me a hot chocolate now and a nice comfy seat on the sofa :T

Crumpets x
  • Crumpets
    Options
    Well, we all feel better for a good nights sleep in our own beds :j So far today it's been a NSD, I've been doing housework all morning (still loads more to do) and I've collected a very tired but happy dd1 from her school trip:T I'm so glad she enjoyed herself as she is quite an anxious child, but her teacher said she's done brilliantly :T

Tonight I'm off out! I haven't been out on the town for years so I'm excited but also a bit apprehensive. I'm also a bit concerned about what to wear as I very rarely go anywhere that requires dressing up. I'm going to raid my friends wardrobe though so hopefully i'll find something suitable. I'm definitely a casual type of gal:D I think my friend despairs of me, especially when I told her I was planning on wearing jeans:rotfl: I'm have no idea how much money I'll need, but I really don't want to drink too much. I must remember to drink lots of water and pace myself.

Chicken pie for dinner tonight using up some left over chicken and vegetables, I have some ready rolled pastry to use up too that I bought to make sausage rolls with but never did. I'm hoping I have enough food in the freezer and cupboards to last us over the weekend, we have quite a well stocked larder so I might have to get creative:p

Crumpets x
  • RoaringTwenties
    Options
    Glad the trip went well Crumpets even if you were a bit chilly! Next time perhaps you could attach DD1 to the roof rack? That's what we're threatening to do to DS on long journeys if he doesn't keep the sound of the CBeebies app on his Kindle turned down :rotfl:

Chicken pie sounds gorgeous. I did the first cheats tea I've done in months by giving the kids fishfingers and hash browns. We were supposed to be going to Aldi and grabbing fish and chips on the way back but OH is ill (as we all are, she's at the worst bit just now) so we skipped it. DD loved fishfingers!

Hope you're having a great time out on the razz as it used to be called in my day back in the last century :D. Shall I post loudly at 7am tomorrow and see if that wakes you up? "Wooo-hooo, Crumpets, rise and shiiinnneee" ;):p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure