PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Where to buy cheap fabric for sewing / fabric remnants?

Options

Comments

• hannahcocana
    Options
    Hello!

Does anyone know of a really cheap and fabulous website selling embroidery threads, beads, sequins e.c.t and material!

Thankyou:j
  • nanokitten
    Options
    Abakhan has a website http://www.abakhan.co.uk/index.html
  • trixietoes
    Options
    I've ordered from them a couple of times, always been really good.

These look promising also. http://www.efabrics.co.uk/ they sell remenants at odd prices
    "People buy things they don't need, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like" - Clive Hamilton on Consumerism.
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My mum rang yesterday to tell me that there are now 3 huge fabric stalls on Bolton market selling fabric for a pound a yard, not much use to the people down south but heaven for me. She said they are only on every Saturday at the moment, it must be a gap in the market in this O/S world, I know since Stockport market stopped selling fabric my friend on the sowing stall has had requests every day for fabric.
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • sethsgran
    sethsgran Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lets bump this one up. I am looking for fabric around West Yorkshire area.
    Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not much use to you Sethsgran,but the stalls mentioned above on Bolton Market seem to be there on Tuesdays and Thursdays now,as well as Saturdays.One is upholstery/curtain stuff,the others are mixed clothes fabrics- I've had some bargains.
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • isismcbank
    Options
    I have a fabric shop in Harrogate I send out catolouges and have an online shop remnanthouse.co.uk Hope this helps,

Emma.
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    isismcbank wrote: »
    I have a fabric shop in Harrogate I send out catolouges and have an online shop remnanthouse.co.uk Hope this helps,

Emma.

I can recommend Remnant House, although I haven't used the mail order service. The shop has a huge stock. I did put my name down for catalogue/samples, but haven't received any yet...hint hint!
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • always29
    Options
    am shamelessly bumping this one - am after a cheap / discount / end of range etc curtain fabric shops in south London / north Surrey (Kingston through to Croydon area). We've raided ikea already but still have 3 rooms left to do!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It seems finding cheap fabric on a market is becoming a thing of the past.

Do any of you OS people know of any market stalls selling dressmaking fabric in the Midlands?:confused:

I know about the Rag market in Birmingham, the odd stall in Derby Market and the man who sells end of bolt fabric pieces in Milton Keynes Market.

Is there anywhere I've missed that's worth putting on my list?

I use anything from 50p a metre fabrics to test patterns and I'm just finding it more and more difficult to find market stalls selling any fabric at all.

I'd like to make some quick dresses with no lining, to get my wardrobe up to scratch and run up some funky dresses for my neice.

I'd love to hear you comments on where you go to buy fabric.

Happy Sewing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport