Selling concert tickets on ebay / Stub-Hub - advice please?

Options

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,328 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    reborndoll wrote: »
    I managed to list spare event tickets on 4th June, without being told to join stub hub ,used the category defined as Events Tickets > Other Tickets so far so good, not been removed by the ebay ticket paragons of virtue software! There are a few hundred tickets for sale in this section, from local gigs to cinema, comedy etc. So maybe all is NOT lost and you can list there without any need to sign up to the sister site. HTH

A lot of people prefer not to risk their accounts by doing this as it is notoriously difficult to get an account back if you get two or more breach warnings.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I had some tickets to sell for friends who were going, then weren't.

Got annoyed that Stubhub was the only ebay option available.

Went onto Gumtree and sold that way instead.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • reborndoll
    reborndoll Posts: 170 Forumite
    edited 4 June 2013 at 7:37PM
    Options
    I THINK I get it, as I listed tickets for "other tickets" as it was not a music gig , I take it that ONLY music concert fans get directed to that stub hub site then? You get the ad taken down if its a gig on an auction .

If you try and sell off say, Robbie Williams ones you will get the ad removed? As, I was able to sell my NON music concert tickets, havent breached any rules at ebay then, I guess the category for other tickets only has local events, and cinema tickets ,theatre nights and some comedy ones .

Aha that must be the new rule then, I have never breached any ebay rules or risked my account in any way, I punted two NON concert tickets. The gigs that were there have vanished, now you mention it, I take it Soolin that is what you mean, as I had eye on some maroon 5 tickets and they arent listed any more. I had the wrong end of the stick about stub hub and now I realise, only the people who want to sell tickets for rock music will be in hot water by attempting to sell in event tickets -other section?

Mine were for a theatre comedy night and not actual big arena gig/ "event"
  • steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I THINK I get it, as I listed tickets for "other tickets" as it was not a music gig , I take it that ONLY music concert fans get directed to that stub hub site then? You get the ad taken down if its a gig on an auction .

If you try and sell off say, Robbie Williams ones you will get the ad removed? As, I was able to sell my NON music concert tickets, havent breached any rules at ebay then, I guess the category for other tickets only has local events, and cinema tickets ,theatre nights and some comedy ones .

Aha that must be the new rule then, I have never breached any ebay rules or risked my account in any way, I punted two NON concert tickets. The gigs that were there have vanished, now you mention it, I take it Soolin that is what you mean, as I had eye on some maroon 5 tickets and they arent listed any more. I had the wrong end of the stick about stub hub and now I realise, only the people who want to sell tickets for rock music will be in hot water by attempting to sell in event tickets -other section?

Mine were for a theatre comedy night and not actual big arena gig/ "event"
    Your tickets should have been sold on stubhub if selling via ebay.
    All Comedy,Concert,Festival,Sports and Theatre tickets have been moved there.

Categories within Events Tickets:

Cinema Tickets
    Comedy Tickets - Now on StubHub.co.uk
    Concert Tickets - Now on StubHub.co.uk

Experiences

Festival Tickets - Now on StubHub.co.uk
    Museum Tickets
    Sport Events - Now on StubHub.co.uk

Theatre Tickets - Now on StubHub.co.uk

Theme Park Tickets

Gift Vouchers & Coupons
    Amusement Parks/ Attractions
    Books/ CDs/ DVDs
    Clothing
    Health & Beauty
    Holiday Vouchers
    Home & Garden
    Restaurant/ Eating Out
    Supermarket/ Grocery
    Other Gift Vouchers & Coupons
  • reborndoll
    Options
    I didnt get that message on my ebay account steveE2, so thought it was just gigs, huh, but how come , I was able to put a buy it now on for a couple of tickets, they sold without any redirection notice to join stubhub, and I can see a fair few tickets still on buy it nows still for sale on ebay how is this possible, even supermarket vouchers on there, I used to buy supermarket vouchers off sellers on ebay, huh, they are hardly " tickets " but are money off coupons?
  • soolin
    Options
    I didnt get that message on my ebay account steveE2, so thought it was just gigs, huh, but how come , I was able to put a buy it now on for a couple of tickets, they sold without any redirection notice to join stubhub, and I can see a fair few tickets still on buy it nows still for sale on ebay how is this possible, even supermarket vouchers on there, I used to buy supermarket vouchers off sellers on ebay, huh, they are hardly " tickets " but are money off coupons?

Ebay can decide what they want, they have banned a number of items that are perfectly legal to sell elsewhere in the UK. The difference is that many event tickets are not transferable, so it was always risky to sell them anyway.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • reborndoll
    Options
    Ebay keep making new rules all the time ,grrrr, it's dire isnt it, and I have bought tesco converted clubcard vouchers in the past, in fact, just bid on some earlier today as well on ebay not stubhub ,maybe it is a cross over period and it was the tail end of an auction.
  • soolin
    Options
    Ebay keep making new rules all the time ,grrrr, it's dire isnt it, and I have bought tesco converted clubcard vouchers in the past, in fact, just bid on some earlier today as well on ebay not stubhub ,maybe it is a cross over period and it was the tail end of an auction.

I sell vintage, antique and retro items as one of my 'lines' and the number of things I can no longer sell is amazing. I have half a shed load here of things likely to get me banned, from fish knives , through to bone handled fruit spoons via obviously ornamental pressed metal miliatry display plaques.

That's why I have to do car boots, it is really just for the perfectly legal items I have that ebay would ban me for trying to sell.I had two warnings in the past couple of years, luckily on 2 different accounts , one for fish knives and the other for a military item, neither broke any obvious rule, both are legal in the UK and not dangerous or likely to incite a riot.
  • steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ebay make changes all the time,not always for the better,you were lucky selling your tickets in that they probably haven't got their scripts running correctly yet and rely on other members to report listings.

Also Tesco Reward tokens cannot be transferred, bought, sold or in any way traded. They cannot be exchanged or reissued. Details can be found on the reverse of the tokens or at www.tesco.com/rewards
  • reborndoll
    Options
    nudge nudge wink wink, course you cant sell vouchers :) but for many years, people have done happily over at ebay, but people in families pass them on to relatives too and exchange them on peoples behalf and I have never been turned away or refused , had no hassle using vouchers, am sure tesco have got millions of customers who have converted their vouchers into "deals" and posted them to ebay buyers, no one reveals their voucher numbers to the buyers, and images would be masked .

I will miss tickets section at ebay and do agree they have some really ODD rules on what you can and cannot sell, one week its fine next you are in hot water, hard to keep up with the ebay changes and whats allowed in and whats kicked out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure