Paypal account PERMANENTLY CLOSED, PLEASE HELP, EBAY SELLER!

Options
2»

Comments

• the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    Options
    emweaver wrote: »
    You have no idea at all

You appear to have missed ballisticbrian's sarcasm. Paypal wouldn't suspend an account due to a single dispute with one seller.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,261 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    FTBSOS wrote: »
    I just created a new account at a new address, changed ip address and used a new browser.

20 minutes after got limited and had this message:

You've probably killed your chances for good now as all these attempts to break the rules/system will be a permananet red flag.

It is unusual though to have issues when you are a buyer, you say your original account had problems with a China seller, assuming you mean a seller from China and not a seller of dinner services- you must have been going some to get banned. A simple claim under seller protection should never get you banned, only being flagged as fraudulent- and again that is difficult to do accidentally as a buyer.

I would normally suggest trying to get that one reopened and deal with whatever issues had been raised- but I suspect it is far too late now and you may be looking to fund purchases by other means in future.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • porto_bello
    porto_bello Posts: 1,828 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sure there must be rare occasions where Paypal decisions to close accounts represent a 'miscarriage of justice', (like everywhere else in life).

But I have difficulty in believing Paypal are routinely shutting down the accounts of honest folk, with lucrative relationships with Paypal, at the first sign of an excuse to do so.

OP openly writes that their Paypal account has been shut down not once, but twice.

Essentially, this thread opens with the intent of disguise and deception and seeks advice in performing and sustaining it. Understandably, it's an approach that many MSE users would not wish to support.
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing.
    ...If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    Groucho Marx
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm sure there must be rare occasions where Paypal decisions to close accounts represent a 'miscarriage of justice', (like everywhere else in life).
    My thoughts too. A while ago I had a problem flagged on my Paypal account and as I couldn't find it assumed it was a glitch due to an old dispute that had been resolved.

It kept coming back and I had a warning, when I phoned Paypal and told them I couldn't find anything wrong they traced it to a US dispute that needed an extra click from me to be resolved. If I'd left it I expect I would have been restricted.

The problem was the US process is different to the UK one, so perhaps, giving the OP benefit of the doubt, there could be a difference in China. I would keep calling and asking what the problem is and how to resolve. Ask to speak to managers and not just any herbert who answers the call.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure