NEW: Got questions about energy? Put them to Gary and Andrew from MSE's Utilities team during our energy-themed 'Ask An Expert' event. Check back here from Tuesday 9 August, 12pm

Jet2 refuses my claim!

I sent a flight delay claim as per your guide. My flight was in Sept 2010 and was from Murcia Spain to Belfast: delayed by 9 hours. Jet 2 claim I am not due compensation as " all claims of this nature must be made no later than 2 years from the date of the incident according to English law." Any suggestions as my next move/response?

Replies

• VaubanVauban Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Circular24 wrote: »
    I sent a flight delay claim as per your guide. My flight was in Sept 2010 and was from Murcia Spain to Belfast: delayed by 9 hours. Jet 2 claim I am not due compensation as " all claims of this nature must be made no later than 2 years from the date of the incident according to English law." Any suggestions as my next move/response?

OMG!!! How about you read the FAQs, as well as the specific Jet2 thread? I think that should be your next move/response ;)
  • Caz3121Caz3121 Forumite
    15K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If you read the Jet2 thread you will see you are not alone.....don't think there is anyone on there where Jet2 have paid out

If you do your homework you can then see what step you take next
  • JPearsJPears Forumite
    5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Vauban - lol :)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • VaubanVauban Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    JPears wrote: »
    Vauban - lol :)

I know I am being slightly intemperate, but it really is frustrating when folk ask questions - or express indignant surprise - about something reported dozens if not hundreds of times before. This forum should be a library - not a research service.

I wasn't quite sure who our new friend Circular24 was addressing when he said he sent in a claim "as per your guide". Perhaps he thinks that Martin Lewis or his team are active here? Sorry to disappoint, but there's no one here but us chickens ...

Lest anyone is in any doubt, claiming compensation is tough. Unless you get lucky, or were fortunate to be flying with British Airways or Easyjet who seem to be playing fairly, it requires you to be smart as well as industrious. Few of us were originally familiar with this issue, and have had to research what we know. People here are generous with their time, and will (and do) help out. But - as Saint Wallentin once said - "God helps those who help themselves".

If you can't spend a good hour navigating around this website and familiarizing yourself with the issues - the process, the law, and the experiences of others - then walk away now.

Thus endeth the lesson!
  • Mark2sparkMark2spark Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yeah, the way the forum is treated as a drop in centre for advice is probably the most frustrating part now.
    Virtually every question has now been answered. The ones that haven't are more to do with filling out court forms, which as I didn't have to do, I don't have much to give.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Homes, hornets & high heels

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE Forum

Kids eat for 'free' or £1 this summer

Little ones can enjoy hot meals for less

MSE Deals