Question for eOn company representative regarding meter reading when switching tariff

Options
ToTo_Man
ToTo_Man Posts: 126 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
My current eOn energy tariff (Fixed Price Saver June 2013) expires tomorrow so today I switched over to their Fixed 2 Year v3 plan.

My online account says the end date of the Fixed Price Saver June 2013 is 31/05/13 so I selected 01/06/2013 as the date that I want the new tariff to start.

I am wondering if I should have submitted a meter reading yesterday prior to switching over, or do I still have enough time to do it today? Just want to make sure I am not unfairly over-billed for my consumption on the new tariff!

Comments

• Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    ToTo_Man wrote: »
    My current eOn energy tariff (Fixed Price Saver June 2013) expires tomorrow so today I switched over to their Fixed 2 Year v3 plan.

My online account says the end date of the Fixed Price Saver June 2013 is 31/05/13 so I selected 01/06/2013 as the date that I want the new tariff to start.

I am wondering if I should have submitted a meter reading yesterday prior to switching over, or do I still have enough time to do it today? Just want to make sure I am not unfairly over-billed for my consumption on the new tariff!

Providing a meter reading today should be ideal :)
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi ToTo Man

As Wywth says, any time now will be ideal.

I would suggest, though, you make sure a bill is issued. This will make sure the changeover is accurate.

Meter readings entered outside of our billing window (14 days either side of the bill date for quarterly customers) are noted but not used for billing.

If you're inside the window then, no problem, a bill will be issued automatically. If outside, you can use the Real Time Billing facility on our website to request a bill.

Hope this helps ToTo Man. Give me a shout if you need any more info as will be happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ToTo_Man
    ToTo_Man Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    If outside, you can use the Real Time Billing facility on our website to request a bill.

Thanks Malc, this is what I have now just done.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure