Credit File does not exist

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
7 replies 1.2K views
Jackie.H_3Jackie.H_3 Forumite
3 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has been in same situation or if anyone has advice on this matter.
My partner and I are trying to sort out our credit files to apply for a mortgage. I am currently cleaning mine up, however every time my partner tires to apply for a copy of his from each of the credit agencies, he is told it cannot be found or does not exist. He has had credit in the past and is registered on the electoral role, although whenever he applies for any sort of credit, he is refused.
Why can he not find his report and how does he resolve this?
Thanks

Replies

• Jackie.H wrote: »
    Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has been in same situation or if anyone has advice on this matter.
    My partner and I are trying to sort out our credit files to apply for a mortgage. I am currently cleaning mine up, however every time my partner tires to apply for a copy of his from each of the credit agencies, he is told it cannot be found or does not exist. He has had credit in the past and is registered on the electoral role, although whenever he applies for any sort of credit, he is refused.
    Why can he not find his report and how does he resolve this?
    Thanks

Is he trying to sign up online or by requesting the statutory report? Sometimes, I think you can request in writing your statutory one. Not quite sure how you do this but there should be instructions.
  • He has applied online for all three agencies and has called them to which he got the same reply. We didn't think there was any point writing out to request the statutory ones if they can't find him online or they can't find him over the phone, but maybe worth a try.
    Thanks
  • sunflower_2sunflower_2 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    i wish my credit file didnt exist :o

sorry OP - am sure you will get lots of fab advice shortly x
  • Same for mine, although I am slowly getting it fixed. Just wish we could see my Partner's so we can start to sort his and plan for the future
  • The_BossThe_Boss Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you live in a flat?
  • I had numerous problems getting mine - precisely because I live in a flat, so my address comes up different ways in different systems.

This could be something similar. I found Experian very good - I rang them up, gave them some info and the guy found me on their systems. The next day the details were loaded up on my report.

Equifax were a pain in the *ss - but no surprises there.

Basically it just took a bit of back and forth (or in Equifax's case a LOT of back and forth) with the CRAs to confirm my identify and get my history loaded up

So short answer I'm afraid is that you need to keep working with the agencies - sign up for their one month trial if needed - to get this squared off
  • The_BossThe_Boss Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had numerous problems getting mine - precisely because I live in a flat, so my address comes up different ways in different systems.

This could be something similar. I found Experian very good - I rang them up, gave them some info and the guy found me on their systems. The next day the details were loaded up on my report.

Equifax were a pain in the *ss - but no surprises there.

Basically it just took a bit of back and forth (or in Equifax's case a LOT of back and forth) with the CRAs to confirm my identify and get my history loaded up

So short answer I'm afraid is that you need to keep working with the agencies - sign up for their one month trial if needed - to get this squared off

Same here, which is why I've posed the question in case that is the issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals