NEW: Got questions about energy? Put them to Gary and Andrew from MSE's Utilities team during our energy-themed 'Ask An Expert' event. Check back here from Tuesday 9 August, 12pm

Removing incorrect address

Hi. It appears 1 (maybe more) credit rating agency have been given an incorrect address for me. Do I need to complain to the card issuer to get it removed or should I write to the agencies and get them to remove it. Basically when I told thecard provider I'd moved house they misheard/mistyped/misunderstood or else I told them wrong (and indeed my statement seems to have been sent there as well :( ). I think credit card company have now update my address but obviously need to get it off my credit record.
Many Thanks
Making my money go further with MSE :j
How much can I save in 2012 challenge
75/1200 :eek:


  • matttyematttye Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I would ask both. I don't think the CRA will change it without the creditor updating the information but it won't hurt to ask.
    What will your verse be?

    R.I.P Robin Williams.
  • dancingfairydancingfairy Forumite
    9.1K Posts
    It is such a pain what with being credit checked for new jobs in a bank and also it means that I now fail the verification checks because I refuse tostate that I live at an address I don't which means paper forms for all of them and more hassle.
    Plan of action is to get hold of paper copies of all 3 reports and then get writing them I think :(
    Thanks for your help.
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Homes, hornets & high heels

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE Forum

Kids eat for 'free' or £1 this summer

Little ones can enjoy hot meals for less

MSE Deals