My 2020 Vision

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,952 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi xspender , sorry I have not popped in to catch up for ages. I love your plans for next year, we also having a "clear the debt year" next year (and probably the year after too) :rotfl:

I hope everything sorts itself out work wise and you can find something else. :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 December 2013 at 12:20PM
    Options
    Hi newgirly thanks for popping in.

I have decided to stick with my original plan of taking the secondment and trying to keep my main role and not take redundancy. The plan will be to get a new job sometime in the 2nd half of next year.

DH managed to fix the patio doors but we both were wondering if someone had been trying to break in :eek: but as the garage door was unlocked and nothing touched it seems unlikely. Everything is locked up like Fort Knox now.

I feel like I have so much still to do with a week to Christmas. We are away this weekend at DH works do and I still need to get my hair done, nails done and buy some shoes and tights just for that! I am taking back a pair of expensive shoes I bought though and buying some reasonably priced n3xt ones instead.

My to do list is so long that I am splitting it in to each day and I am also going to give DH his own list otherwise he will do nowt. First 2 days…..

Monday
    • [STRIKE]Buy shoes and stockings on way home[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]2 loads of washing[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Change sheets on our bed[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE] Marzipan 2 Christmas cakes[/STRIKE]
    • Request Santa video message for DS
    • [STRIKE]Rewrite card to friend as has moved again (will be late, they live abroad)[/STRIKE]
    Tuesday
    • Remainder of washing including Christmas table cloth/napkins
    • [STRIKE]Get cash out for cleaner & postage and write card/leave gift out[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Write DS cards for his nursery class (while at work shhhhh)[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]A very, very good tidy to clear all clutter away so cleaner can have a good clean as this will be her last visit before Christmas and I will have to do it again next week before the rellies descend on us[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE] Ask DMIL to post card and DDad calendar as both going abroad[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Try not to ball my eyes out at DS first Christmas play[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE] Wrap up calendars for DMIL & DMum [/STRIKE]
    DH list for the week

• [STRIKE]Charge camera tonight[/STRIKE]
    • Every last bit of ironing
    • [STRIKE]Write cards for me and his M&D[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Buy my surprise present (only had a look yesterday so he has to go back on his own) [/STRIKE]and wrap all my gifts
    • Check our airbed is OK and we have a pump to pump it up
    • Clean leather sofa
    • Reseal back of bathroom sink
    • Build DS ride on toy
    • [STRIKE] Ring his brother to arrange to exchange presents[/STRIKE]
    • There is some MFW stuff on my list but not until payday on Friday.:rotfl:
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • XSpender
    Options
    Morning all

I am getting through the Christmas Preparations list bit by bit. Even DH has ticked some bits off his list. I haven’t actually given him a physical list; I have just allocated him some stuff to do and will ask him to do it bit by bit. He would spit his dummy out if I gave him an actual list.:rotfl:

The Santa video wont work on the ipad so I might have to give up on it.:(

DS play was lovely and he was as good as gold and had a big grin on his face the whole way through. :A Not sure how much singing he actually did though.;)

Wednesday
    • Dry 2 loads of wet washing, iron and put away
    • Marzipan cakes (my friend has given me some cake boxes as he has his own cake business so I will have somewhere to put them)
    • Wrap calendars, one for posting and re-address card. Ask DMIL to post tomorrow
    • Get cash out for postal costs
    • More ironing
    • Set up all DDs to savings etc to start 1st Feb

I am on holiday on Friday so if I can get on top of the laundry and do the odd cleaning job I should be able to do a couple of the bigger jobs on Friday.

I have £18 put away so far towards my mini mortgage op of £50 this month.
  • Pearla*Merle
    Options
    XSpender wrote: »
    I am getting through the Christmas Preparations list bit by bit. Even DH has ticked some bits off his list. I haven’t actually given him a physical list; I have just allocated him some stuff to do and will ask him to do it bit by bit. He would spit his dummy out if I gave him an actual list.:rotfl:
    :rotfl: I like your thinking, I may employ your tactics with my OH(!)

Well done on your blasting through your lists, I totally gave up yesterday and got nothing done - feeling inspired to get back down to business now though. :T

PS. Really enjoying your diary, XSpender!
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • ApronAnnie
    Options
    I really enjoyed reading your diary, xspender. I hope you don't mind if I subscribe.

Seeing the to-do lists with things crossed off is really motivating. Helps with focus too. Time to write my own, I think!
  • XSpender
    edited 20 December 2013 at 11:52AM
    Options
    Hi Pearla*Merle and ApronAnnie :wave: I do love a good list:)

Had a day and a half today so not much of my list achieved and I am drinking a glass of wine:eek: on a Wednesday:eek:

I have today requested redundancy at the end of my secondment. It is the right thing for me and what I want to be doing in 6 months plus some underhand shenanigans by the powers that be helped me make the decision I have been toying with for the last few weeks. My plan (in the ideal world) will be to take redundancy at the end of my secondment, spend the summer with DS and get him settled into primary school in September and then start a new job.

List wise I haven't achieved much today.

I haven't enough apricot jam left to do the cakes.
    DH was going to go to mr m for cash and some prizes for work but has been put off by the torrential rain so I didn't get any cash out
    1 load of drying done as the stuff in the dryer wasn't quite dry
    Forgot to take the internet banking details for the mortgage and ISA to work

Last full working day tomorrow and I have meetings across 3 sites and a lunch with a colleague who is being made redundant.:(

Thursday

1. Dry one load of washing done
    2. Wash bedding
    3. Take shoes back done
    4. Sort out clothes for DS to change into for his Christmas partydone
    5. Wrap calendar for dad and card for friend and ask Mil to post
    6. Cash out for postage done
    7. Wrap 3 calendars
    8. Transfer chicken from fridge to garage freezer done
    9. Set up savings and mtg op DD from February
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning, I'm borrowing your lists :). My head seems like a sieve at the moment and I need to go back to writing down what has to get done.

Thank you :)

Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • XSpender
    edited 20 December 2013 at 9:13PM
    Options
    Off work today. MIL has caused her usual festive upset between me and DH. Not helped by my DH who never stands up to her:(

So far this morning I have had my nails done by a friend, vacuumed and had a good tidy. As this is the last day I have to do stuff before the big day my list is a long one:

Post office - post card and calendar Done
    Doctors - pick up DH prescription Done
    Tesc0 - non perishables, fill prescription, take bag back Done except the bag which I left at home in the rush
    Post neighbours cards
    Marzipan cakes done 2 and iced and decorated
    Washing - would be great if i could clear the basket 3rd oad in the washer, 2nd load in the TD
    Laundry - sort and put away clean stuff Done, big basket of ironing to do or hide;)
    Edit DS toys ready for the new lot - bags for tip/charity in garage
    Paint toenails and other girly prep for tomorrow's party
    Wrap calendars Done
    Walk dog
    Pay cc and check balance
    Transfer saves to ISA
    Set up DDs for savings and mtg op
    Unload and re Load dishwasher Done x 2
    Put everything away/finish tidying/clear clutter areas nearly there:)
    Sweep kitchen floor Done

One to add to DH list:

Clean leather sofa and arm chair bought a new tub of cleaner and he has done the armchair so far
    Clean wax off fireplace:mad:

I better get a wriggle on as it is 11am and I haven't had breakfast yet!
  • XSpender
    Options
    Just had a late lunch after missing breakfast:eek:

Quick update done to the list above. I have also bought a house warming gift and found a card in my stash for DBIL and DSIL whose new house we are visiting this evening:)

Best get moving as if I sit here any longer I won't get anything else done:o
  • XSpender
    Options
    Phew I am worn out after today but am finally beginning to feel a bit :santa2::xmastree::santa2: I am at work on Monday but only a couple of hours before our Christmas lunch and we are not expected back to work that day.:D

DH and I have decided that we will use his bonus to overpay the secured loan rather than pay off the CC. This seems to be going against MSE as the CC are smaller debts at much higher rates than the secured but if I am out of work come July £100 CC payments will be much more achievable than a nearly £500 loan repayment.:eek:

Our debt for the windows is interest free with no specific end date.

We are both looking forward to a frugal 6 months :D. I am planning on a £100/week budget for everything in Jan and Feb to cover my diesel (DH has a co car), food, the cleaner, entertainment, personal spends etc. DH is convinced we can do this for less than £100:eek: I am not convinced as I think it will be really tough. I need to wash out a coffee jar to keep any left overs in:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills