Reus Car Hire

Hi
I am aware of all the negative views on website about Goldcar and the service they provide - it generally revolves around their terms and conditions.
I am going to rent a car in Reus airport in June and the quote I get from doyouspain.com and rentalcars.com all have either Goldcar or firefly (new re-branded name for advantage and who ryanair use when Hertz is not available) as the providers because they "seem" to be the cheapest.
Other providers are also offered at a higher rate.
I am aware of all the conditions such as 650 euro on cc and the full to empty policy. I will have the car hire for 12 days and will use the tank of fuel. I also have a cc with a 1000 limit which I can use for the deposit and then another cc for holiday use. I also plan to take insurance probably with insurance4carhire.com so if anything does happen I should be covered.

Given this I have the following queries.
Does anyone have any positive experience with either firefly or goldcar at Reus or the Barcelona area?
Did you book the car through either doyouspain or rentalcars.com?
Should i use one of the providers which initially are more expensive but perhaps would work out cheaper in long run?

Thanks in anticipation
Foxfield

Comments

• NMSE12
    NMSE12 Posts: 248 Forumite
    Hi, where abouts do you want to travel to? We recently flew to Reus and stayed in Cambrils. There is a really good public transport links and cheap too. We found we didn't need a car at all and went Barcelona, Tarragona, Salou + Porta Ventura.
    I know it doesn't really answer the question but maybe worth looking into other options?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure