Options

Comments

• SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 March 2014 at 9:03PM
    Options
    westy22 wrote: »
    For VUSA it is shares held x $0.13 for the 27 Dec dividend.

It comes out as 0.1338 (85.79/641) when I do the sums so quite close.

Interesting that your 27th December exchange rate with x-o is 0.5% better than mine with FD.

Might just be converted at a different time of the day or it might mean your conversion charges (spread) are lower with x-0.

My payments for 641 VUSA shares have been (FD don't disclose the amount of the dollar dividend or the conversion rate unless you ask, but it can be worked out from the percentage distribution obtained elsewhere).

23/4/2013: £52.77 (= 80.69 x 0.6540)
    9/7/2013: £54.89 (= 82.09 x 0.6686)
    9/10/2013: £59.18 (= 95.19 x 0.6217)
    27/12/2013: £52.26 (= 85.82 x 0.6090)
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bought my first Vamguard ETF today - VWRL.

£75k in one order. I checked those details a few times before hitting "confirm"!

I'll be buying more over coming days as my tracker sales go through.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • westy22
    westy22 Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    Options
    Just looked at Vanguard's official div. declaration and they have it as $0.13384 so your calculation was almost spot-on.
    Old dog but always delighted to learn new tricks!
  • westy22
    westy22 Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    Options
    gadgetmind wrote: »
    £75k in one order. I checked those details a few times before hitting "confirm"!

Now that's what I call conviction and commitment! :beer:
    Old dog but always delighted to learn new tricks!
  • gadgetmind
    Options
    westy22 wrote: »
    Now that's what I call conviction and commitment!

I thought I'd become utterly desensitised with all the fund buying and selling I've done, but it somehow seemed different with it being an equity. That these ETFs all have odd names was also a worry - I'd hate to plonk £75k into the wrong thing, particularly it it turned out to be something less than liquid!
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm all ISA'd and pensioned out so need to invest outside a tax wrapper and prefer the dividends to be reinvested for a few years yet to avoid income tax thresholds and only have capital gains to worry about.

A spread of these EFTs are looking attractive but I have no experience in this area. Are your EFTs on Crest like shares? Does anyone think XO might be the best route for automatic reinvestments?
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    talexuser wrote: »
    I'm all ISA'd and pensioned out so need to invest outside a tax wrapper and prefer the dividends to be reinvested for a few years yet to avoid income tax thresholds and only have capital gains to worry about.

A spread of these EFTs are looking attractive but I have no experience in this area. Are your EFTs on Crest like shares? Does anyone think XO might be the best route for automatic reinvestments?

You're still liable for additional tax on divis if you're a higher rate taxpayer, thought I'd just mention that, no doubt grannies and sucking eggs and all that.

Have you looked at eis or vcts as options, I'm just starting to investigate them.nima Lso going to have another look at zeroes, I did look a couple of years ago but they were still suffering from the mis selling scandal a decade ago and there weren't too many options. I do like the principal though as you say, reliably using a cgt limit without inform tax liability, unless they manage to go back into those complicated cross holdings and balls it up again!
  • TCA
    TCA Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That these ETFs all have odd names was also a worry - I'd hate to plonk £75k into the wrong thing
    I bought my first Vamguard ETF today

You've gone and bought Vamguard instead of Vanguard. ;)

Quick! Cancel!
  • gadgetmind
    Options
    TCA wrote: »
    You've gone and bought Vamguard instead of Vanguard

Drat, just like when I bought a Nokla 'phone and a Panacronic TV!

• pgalland
    pgalland Posts: 97 Forumite
    Options
    aspiration wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest best (economical) place for one of these in an ISA - HL, BestInvest, Sippdeal, III ???

My portfolio is invested 100% over those 3 funds, and i split my monthly contributions the same way:

75% Vanguard all world - vwrl - 0.25%
    12.5% ishares global corp bonds - slxx - 0.2%
    12.5% vanguard uk gilt - vgov - 0.2%

All 3 are isa and sipp compatible.

Cheapest fund to replicate the mkt, given my risk profile (33y/o and investing for my retirement in 22yrs)

I used to be with HL but their trading cost + plateform charge was prohibitive, especially for monthly contributions.

I switches to youinest, that has no plateform fees, and if you set up a rwegular monthly investment plan (£25 min), the trasaction/trading cost is only £1.5 - which is super cheap... those 3etfs do qualify for those monthly investment plans.

Did a lot of research - thats the cheapest out there ifmu want to invest in etfs - either in an isa, sipp or stamdard taxable dealing account

Hope it helps
    Total Debt (inc. mortgage)31/12/2012 - £893k31/12/2022 - £1.703m
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family