Talk talk and MS Vista

Options
We bought a new computer from Novatech in February. It has MS Vista on it. We bought a wireless router with it but couldn't get it connected. Talk Talk said we needed a different typr of router which we bought from them. Still no joy. The computer doen't seem to recognise the wireless card. Now Talk talk say there is a problem with ouruser name and passwors - but it worked alright on our old computer (although now it doesn't after their 'help') so we have another 3 to 5days why they sort that problem out. anyone else have similar problems?

Appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Tony1210
    Tony1210 Posts: 95 Forumite
    Options
    Vista can be a nightmare. I know of people who have bought a new desktop/ laptop and want to "downgrade" to XP. If your computer does not recognise your wirless card, that is an operating system issue, not a broadband problem. (ie you would have the same problem with any ISP's broadband) I would hard wire your router via the ethernet cable and see if you can connect.
    something missing
  • Kel_3
    Kel_3 Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    Tony My mums got this same problem. How do you hard wire the router via the ethernet cable?
  • Tony1210
    Tony1210 Posts: 95 Forumite
    Options
    At the back of the router, you will se an "Ethernet" plug or "LAN". At the back of you PC, you will see a sqaure port that will either have a symbol of 3 squares joined but lines or say "Data" or "LAN". Use a RJ45 lead to connect them together.

Is that a USB adapter your using? Most USB adapters use the raylink chipset. If you google raylink, you may be able to get generic drivers for vista off there website.
    something missing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport