Dont Use Parcelforce They Are Crap

Options
Dont use parcelforce they are crap and customer service the same.
Sent an item international datapost and if anyone knows its not cheap,my item i sent weight was just under 6kg but is priced on the 6kg weight which was £56 and a 2/3 day delivery 3 days the latest.
Well have been tracking it and on the day it was sent it was ok and then tracking stopped for 4 days so where was it during those 4 days.
Then 4 days when the tracking was updated it said it had left the uk, i phoned them asking why its not got there in the time frame the promise and where it is now, they tell me its left uk wow as if i did not already know this and i ask them to do a search they say they need to get in contact with overseas and after two phone calls on the same day they keep saying they will phone me and let me know, they have not and i am getting sick of them.
I not only paid a lot to have this type of service in which they have not done for me and so will be looking to claim my postage as it was required overseas asap and was not.
They cant seem to be able to tell me if its anywhere near its location and all i worry about now is that it does show up as its a one off item,you think with using such a expensive service that there would be no problems but they dont care.
I could have used dhl,or ups or many others and wish i had now as parcelforce is a joke.
Has anyone else had the same problem and what happened as i am getting sick of there service not only that try emailing them and maybe a week later you will get a reply.
Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.

Comments

• Grumpy_Old_Duffer
    Options
    Agree, Parcelforce do have a responsibility for your item, but unfortunately their overseas partners are not as updated with tracking equipment as Parcelforce itself. Once your International item has left the UK, your parcel and the 'reputation' of Parcelforce are in the hands of the networks in those other countries.

That's just the way it is!!!!;)
    It has taken about 4,500,000,000 (4.5 billion) years for the Earth to form as it is now .........
    and it'll only take about another 100 years for mankind to really **** it up!!!!
  • TDIfurby
    TDIfurby Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    Been using UPS through interparcel recently. Worked out cheaper than standard parcel cost on smaller, heavier items. And they pick up from my office which a) saves me toddling down the P.O with my package, and I can book online which is more convenient.
    Money saving:
    Buy a Skoda. Laugh at the VWs who paid several grand more
    Its a diesel. 50mpg - laugh at all the petrols
    Its a tuned 260bhp diesel - laugh at them in the rearview mirror as they vanish
    See my 260bhp dyno run video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BvjJjL7Z50
  • ukbill69
    ukbill69 Posts: 2,789 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Use city link, ive got a megga rate from them a few years back. £6.45 next day up to 10kg.
    Kind Regards
    Bill
  • Ted_Hutchinson
    Ted_Hutchinson Posts: 7,142 Forumite
    Options
    I have a monthly parcel via Parcelforce. So far every month I order one day and receive parcel the next day. Haven't failed yet so I'm well pleased with their service.
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • richto
    richto Posts: 821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ukbill69 wrote:
    Use city link, ive got a megga rate from them a few years back. £6.45 next day up to 10kg.

That's not so great - I get a lower rate than that from City Link. all prices are plus VAT of course.
  • biblejohn
    biblejohn Posts: 553 Forumite
    Options
    Well, i sent a parcel last month with parcelforce and it arrived damaged. Co-incidentally i also ordered a large item from the internet at the same time which arrived via parcel force to my house and that was also damaged.

So 2 out of 2 items damaged isnt bad going so far! Not sure id like to risk using them again tho!
  • richto
    richto Posts: 821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You got stuffed then for that price - just use https://www.parcel2go.com with the 10% discount codes that can be found around. Or https://www.parcelflash.com for more exotic locations
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Parcel Farce couldn't even find my STREET much less my house!
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • GraniteMum
    GraniteMum Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    When everything is fine and dandy PF are as good as anyone and better than most. When something goes wrong, I think that they are probably the worst. Having worked for them in the past I can say that I do not ever choose to use them. The T&Cs are geared against you - beware of them especially if it is a valuable item.

It is not the best environment to work in, but most of the people are fine, just earning a living.
    She slashed every one of us
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport