data card for lap top

Options
hope someone can help

I need to access the internet whilst away from home, so I have been to town today to look at data cards for my lap top though I have come home probably more confused than when I went. Does anyone have any experience of data cards, and anyone know of any particually good deals at the moment.

Thanks

Jackie

Comments

• bazclack
    bazclack Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    There are no "good" deals on these. Ive had one for 5-6 years. Orange and vodafone and they are all way too expensive. The best deals are the highest monthly payments where you are "unlimited" in what you use. Fair usage is a problem here as its 1 gig limit BUT Ive gone over that many a time and no one has demanded anything more from me. Cost wise, expect to pay £40 for unlimited. T Mobile have a deal on for USB Modem which is £30, £20 for the modem but its an 18 month contract. Id suggest ebay to buy a 2nd hand card and stick a pay as you go usim in it and then re-sell when your done. I have 3 old datacards hanging around. All still working as they never seem to die! I hope this helps.
  • geoffW
    geoffW Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I bought a Vodafone datacard off E-bay which works fine, after problems setting it up on payg. But it's much too expensive at £7.50 a Mb. You can use up £10 in an hour! I wanted to use my laptop at my caravan. Also tried getting a BT phoneline,they want £7000 to connect! So I'm stuck at the moment,anyone got any ideas?
    Geoff
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport