Pinecone Research is Growing !

Options

Comments

• Blueberries
    Blueberries Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, just looking to see if I am the only one facing this problem. I have received quite a few Luncheon vouchers cheque books over the last few weeks, and normally use one booklet per week for my grocery shopping. But yesterday, the lady at the till could not scan more than one, and called the supervisor, who said that they normally accept them all.

But the till would not take scan it and came up with an error message. Now, has Sainsbury's changed their rules regarding the Luncheon vouchers? That would be ridiculour as the highest amount is £1, and I do not want to save only this for a one week shopping.

Thanks for your help!
    Back to comping after an 8 year break!
    2020 wins: Dishwasher
  • lesliejack
    lesliejack Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi, just looking to see if I am the only one facing this problem. I have received quite a few Luncheon vouchers cheque books over the last few weeks, and normally use one booklet per week for my grocery shopping. But yesterday, the lady at the till could not scan more than one, and called the supervisor, who said that they normally accept them all.

But the till would not take scan it and came up with an error message. Now, has Sainsbury's changed their rules regarding the Luncheon vouchers? That would be ridiculour as the highest amount is £1, and I do not want to save only this for a one week shopping.

Thanks for your help!

I also had this problem in Sainsburys yesterday, never had a problem before, have been using them for years. Supervisor called, he put 2 books through on override. Hope this is only a temp problem.
    No problem using them in Sains caf! though.
    essex girl in exile
  • MaShadow
    MaShadow Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I found their not accepting them in local co-op's
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,791 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Thanks for your help!

We use them in Asda and the cashier never knows what to do with them as they won't scan. They have to put them in manually. We tell them this but they still insist on checking with a supervisor.
  • pawsies
    pawsies Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I thought this was about something very different.
  • minimad1970
    minimad1970 Posts: 6,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    JAN43DAW wrote: »
    I would stick to PayPal much easier.:beer:

I like getting the Luncheon vouchers, I've just used loads to take my son to Nando's.
  • lesliejack
    Options
    JAN43DAW wrote: »
    I would stick to PayPal much easier.:beer:
    I don't think paypal is an option with Pinecone.
    essex girl in exile
  • minimad1970
    minimad1970 Posts: 6,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    lesliejack wrote: »
    I don't think paypal is an option with Pinecone.

Yes you can have it paid to a Paypal account if you want.:)
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 July 2013 at 6:28PM
    Options
    I don't have a Paypal account and always used to get paid in luncheon vouchers but it seems I no longer have that option?
    I liked the LVs - even though you would sometimes get a supermarket cashier who denied they took them and had to check with a supervisor - :mad:.
    Now I have to choose from a limited range of rewards against which you redeem your points. I'm not interested in any of the things on offer. At least before they helped with the everyday shop.
    So it looks like I will either have to get Paypal or I might just quit the whole thing. I'm going to email them about it because there are conflicting statements under FAQs.
  • lesliejack
    Options
    Yes you can have it paid to a Paypal account if you want.:)

Sorry, of course you are right. I had forgotten. :o
    essex girl in exile
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family