Currys Whateverhappens Warranty - Any good

Options
123457»

Comments

• skydog
    skydog Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bought a cooker a year ago for about £700. According to the currys website, a Whatever Happens 4 year plan is priced at £189. I wouldn't bother with this, but they've just written to me with an offer of a 4 year WH plan for £57. At less than £15 per year, this seems like a good buy for some peace of mind, even assuming there will be problems and delays with repairs, which usually happens anyway. Is this too good to be true? Can anyone explain why there is such a difference between this offer and their normal price? I asked in the shop and phoned their number (08000665833 gets you through free :j) and they couldn't explain.
  • atifuk27
    Options
    never get tricked by currys insurance, know how, they just rip off, bought tv + insurance from currys, in 1999, Panasonic 50 inch plasma, in 2014 my kids accidently broke the tv with a hard cricket ball, called know how and explain, and asked whether I am covered, they said its an accident , and know how does cover accidental damaged, picked the tv and drop back after week without repair, and said its negligence and misuse, I ever offered my kids so know how can take their statements because it was an accident, 6 year old child was upset and was ready to go and tell how accident occurred, but currys know how said no insurance doesn't cover your tv, never ever had that bad and worst experience in my life, they take insurance but when anybody claim, they say its misuse etc, beware of their insurance scam.
  • atifuk27
    Options
    Robo_112 wrote: »
    WHATEVER HAPPENS DO NOT BUY THIS. The warranty is not worth the paper it is written on. Tried to call them out for a 4 month old cooker. They couldn't send anyone within the 2 day period promised. Got a date for repair with promise of phone call the night before. No call the night before nor on the day of repair. Called the company and was in my opinion lied to being told the engineer was sick. Explained that the appliance was dangerous that it had given a 28 week pregnant woman a severe electrical shock and that a 2 year old lived in the house and that repair was a priority to me. Promised a visit next day, however got a call to say that would not happen either. Tried in vain for over 4 hours on phone (mainly on hold) to negotiate with the whatever happens people who are an affiliated company's of Dixons/ currys with no joy. Fobbed off with every excuse in the book. Gave in and replaced it myself for peace of mind. AS I SAID WHATEVER HAPPENS, DO NOT BUY THIS WARRANTY. MY EXPERIENCE WAS ITS NOT WORTH THE PAPER IT'S WRITTEN ON.
    never get tricked by currys insurance, know how, they just rip off, bought tv + insurance from currys, in 1999, Panasonic 50 inch plasma, in 2014 my kids accidently broke the tv with a hard cricket ball, called know how and explain, and asked whether I am covered, they said its an accident , and know how does cover accidental damaged, picked the tv and drop back after week without repair, and said its negligence and misuse, I ever offered my kids so know how can take their statements because it was an accident, 6 year old child was upset and was ready to go and tell how accident occurred, but currys know how said no insurance doesn't cover your tv, never ever had that bad and worst experience in my life, they take insurance but when anybody claim, they say its misuse etc, beware of their insurance scam.
  • Eribiste
    Options
    We are currently in a dispute with the Currys outfit over this product insurance scam that they operate. We bought a TV and a laptop, and were offered insurance. We categorically and specifically declined any insurance whatsoever at the time of purchase. This month however, we found two unauthorised payments on our credit card statement in favour of Product Support AG, which turned out to be insurance payments for these two items!
    Apparently, regardless of our protestations at the point of sale, we were enrolled in this insurance scam.
    I have written to the company to start the ball rolling to achieve a refund. I have also enlisted the assistance of the credit card company.
    Whatever happens (no pun intended), Currys are never going to enjoy our custom ever again.

My advice to all is to think very carefully before shopping at Currys. And then go somewhere else.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure