Options

Comments

• deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Ems*Honie wrote: »
    Samsung cover their own goods under warrenty for 2 yrs

Only a few items have 2 years, heres a list :)

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/index.htm
  • bretthabbo
    Options
    Paid for whateverhappens support when we bought our plasma tv which stopped working on monday 13th march this year(2008) just 13 months old.Phoned for support,which appeared today,four days later not two,only to be told nothing could be done because tecnician was on his own and tv is wall mounted.They were told this was a wall mounted tv on the first phone call,now we have to wait till next tuesday for them to come back out again,which will make it eight days with no tv.Our friends had a similar problem with them over christmas,seven visits,numerous phone calls and three months later they have a new tv.We pray it doesn't take so long with our tv but we are very dissappointed with the service we have recieved so far and would certainly look else where for breakdown cover in future.
  • duke0102
    Options
    yo bretthabbo, i guess if you didnt take the insurance you wouldve been buying a new tv then? and did yer friend actualy go into the store quoting the 21day limit for the insurance cos i did and i picked a new one out on the 22nd day, lol
  • SonicSkyline
    Options
    bretthabbo wrote: »
    Paid for whateverhappens support when we bought our plasma tv which stopped working on monday 13th march this year(2008) just 13 months old.Phoned for support,which appeared today,four days later not two,only to be told nothing could be done because tecnician was on his own and tv is wall mounted.They were told this was a wall mounted tv on the first phone call,now we have to wait till next tuesday for them to come back out again,which will make it eight days with no tv.Our friends had a similar problem with them over christmas,seven visits,numerous phone calls and three months later they have a new tv.We pray it doesn't take so long with our tv but we are very dissappointed with the service we have recieved so far and would certainly look else where for breakdown cover in future.

if you do have any further problems with the service i would suggest you go into your local branch, basically there is an escalation number that staff can ring in-store if you have a problem with the WhateverHappens service, but remember its a 2 working day call out Guaranteed and if not fixed by the 21st you are entitled to a brand new tv like Duke says!
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dont forget,

John lewis price match, and all electrical items come with 5 year warranties.

Extended warranty.? naa, just price match and get it for free.
  • CrapBag
    CrapBag Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    All warranties are worth it. Check what they cover. Most cover accidental damage, new for old, labour, call out, parts etc.

Currys can be a con. They charge monthly FOREVER! try and get one that you pay all in one or over 10 months. This will save you money if you add it up and see what you'd pay in comparison over say 5 years. After 5 years you'll probably buy a new one.

Some warranties can be tranferred if you sell it still under warranty if you buy the new model.

Hope that all makes sense
    That's Mr CrapBag to you...;)
  • SonicSkyline
    Options
    Dont forget,

free is great but you may want to look into this "free" warranty they provide and find out some more details, like turn around time, what it covers you for exactly
  • phoebe03cat
    phoebe03cat Posts: 892 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yep same experience here with a dishwasher. CS drives me to distaction, they just don't care less. I will NEVER shop with them again.
    I'm sorry but I will never ever shop at Currys/Comet ect ever again.

I had a nightmare with a six month old fridge freezer (expensive one as well) which broke down last November. They wouldn't exchange it, had to wait 6 weeks for the manufacturer to repair the item.

Buy from John Lews, same price and better after sales etc.
  • alwaysonthego_2
    Options
    I would not buy the extra warranty, there was a report written by Which magazine who concluded that extra guarantees were a waste of money. Not sure of the link though!

I used to work at Currys many moons ago (9 years ago) and we did not recieve adequte training regards to the law. Most of the lines like the maufacturer does not make them like they use to do etc is what we were encouraged to use. I definitly was not told about the Sales of Goods act 1979, which can protect you up to 6 years depending on the item purchased and the price. This means that if your item becomes faulty then you have some recourse, depending on the above. Somone said that the manufacturer can take their time to fix products not covered under the service agreement. This is not true, depending on the item it needs to be repaired etc in a reasonable amount of time, 14 days would seem to be reasonable for a tv.
  • AlexUK_3
    AlexUK_3 Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    Dont forget,

TVs are about the only electrical item in JL that come with a FREE 5 year warranty, most other items in there come with 2 years for free.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure