We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Boots No 7 BB Cream Glitch

1…1516182021…46

Comments

  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    pudding wrote: »
    Gonna try later for the bronzers.am I ok in buying 3 bronzers or do I have to get 2 and 1 other item

    yes, 3 bronzers are fine, they are glitchy.
  • michjay_2
    michjay_2 Posts: 1,366 Forumite
    DarkAngel if you get the 2 BB creams and 1 tinted moisturiser that will be okay as all 3 are glitchy items counting as both make up and skincare

    If you use the 2 manned till vouchers (£3.00 off make up and £5.00 off skincare) it will cost you £11.42 the same price as if you were buying the 3 BB creams as the tinted moisturiser at £11.50 will be the cheaper item and therefore free

    If you use the SS voucher s will this will give you an extra £8.00 of your total so the 3 items will cost you £3.42

    :j:j:j
  • Darkangel
    Darkangel Posts: 538
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Right, can someone check my calculations before my brain implodes? Do both the 3 for 2 and the BOGOHP kick in?

    P&P day cream: £22
    P&P night cream: £23
    Tinted moisturiser: £0 (free item)
    Subtotal £45-£5-£3
    TOTAL: £37

    P&P day cream: £22
    Tinted moisturiser: £5.75 (half price in BOGOHP?)
    Tinted moisturiser: £0 (free item?)
    Subtotal: £27.75-£5-£8
    TOTAL £19.75

    P&P Foundation: £16.50
    Tinted moisturiser: £5.75 (half price in BOGOHP?)
    Subtotal: £22.25-£5-£3
    TOTAL: £14.25
  • Darkangel
    Darkangel Posts: 538
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    michjay wrote: »
    DarkAngel if you get the 2 BB creams and 1 tinted moisturiser that will be okay as all 3 are glitchy items counting as both make up and skincare

    If you use the 2 manned till vouchers (£3.00 off make up and £5.00 off skincare) it will cost you £11.42 the same price as if you were buying the 3 BB creams as the tinted moisturiser at £11.50 will be the cheaper item and therefore free

    If you use the SS voucher s will this will give you an extra £8.00 of your total so the 3 items will cost you £3.42

    :j:j:j

    Thanks Michjay. I've never used BB creams before so was just looking to replace my P&P creams and foundation, but I might have a consultation with the No7 SAs about the BB creams. :)
  • pudding
    pudding Posts: 1,978
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just got 3 bronzers then was given another voucher lol
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    yes Darkangel, all of your calculations look right to me.
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    edited 12 May 2013 at 1:54PM
    stop the press - I've found a way of using these vouchers to get all of your no7 glitchy/make-up items free plus possibly take money off the rest of your Boots shopping basket :D:D.


    OP maybe you should change the title of the thread to "Boots No7 free stuff glitch" :rotfl:.

    just did this twice -

    vouchers I had -
    manned till no7 voucher £5 off skincare and £3 off make-up
    self service till no7 voucher
    £2 off any mascara or lipstick from the acm machine

    I bought -
    one No7 tinted moisturiser £11.50
    one No7 extreme curl mascara £11.00
    2 bottles of Boots basics conditioner 60p each.
    = total before discounts £23.70

    mascara is half price on the no7 bogohp deal.

    used all my vouchers (in the order I listed them above)

    total to pay = £0.20 :D
    (and another No7 tillspit voucher too).

    I have no more mascara/lipstick vouchers left, so I'm done (7 glitchy shops later ;)).

    However, I wonder, if you don't get the £2 off lipstick/mascara voucher from the acm machine, and you buy a glitchy tinted moisturiser or bronzer at £11.50 and then the cheapest No7 make-up item there is (would that be an eye pencil or nail polish?) and then use the 3 No7 till spit/manned till vouchers together, it would do the same thing ie give you money off the rest of your shop?

    ie - tinted moisturiser £11.50
    no7 nail colour £6 (down to £3 on bogohp)
    = £14.50
    use the 3 no7 vouchers to get £16 off, you'd have £1.50 taken off the rest of your shopping?

    Anyone fancy trying it? I don't need any more nail colours or eye pencils, it was the mascara that was the best deal for me (because I'll use that).
  • scottishf
    scottishf Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    Do these vouchers go through the self scan till without any issues ?
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    scottishf wrote: »
    Do these vouchers go through the self scan till without any issues ?

    yes they do :)
  • Thanks for this. Tried at a very willing cashier. Manuals scanned but ss didn't so got for 8.20 for the faff I put her through. Just realised she scanned in wrong order and didn't do ss last... she got excited about doing the deal herself for 8.20 though :)
    stop the press - I've found a way of using these vouchers to get all of your no7 glitchy/make-up items free plus possibly take money off the rest of your Boots shopping basket :D:D.


    OP maybe you should change the title of the thread to "Boots No7 free stuff glitch" :rotfl:.

    just did this twice -

    vouchers I had -
    manned till no7 voucher £5 off skincare and £3 off make-up
    self service till no7 voucher
    £2 off any mascara or lipstick from the acm machine

    I bought -
    one No7 tinted moisturiser £11.50
    one No7 extreme curl mascara £11.00
    2 bottles of Boots basics conditioner 60p each.
    = total before discounts £23.70

    mascara is half price on the no7 bogohp deal.

    used all my vouchers (in the order I listed them above)

    total to pay = £0.20 :D
    (and another No7 tillspit voucher too).

    I have no more mascara/lipstick vouchers left, so I'm done (7 glitchy shops later ;)).

    However, I wonder, if you don't get the £2 off lipstick/mascara voucher from the acm machine, and you buy a glitchy tinted moisturiser or bronzer at £11.50 and then the cheapest No7 make-up item there is (would that be an eye pencil or nail polish?) and then use the 3 No7 till spit/manned till vouchers together, it would do the same thing ie give you money off the rest of your shop?

    ie - tinted moisturiser £11.50
    no7 nail colour £6 (down to £3 on bogohp)
    = £14.50
    use the 3 no7 vouchers to get £16 off, you'd have £1.50 taken off the rest of your shopping?

    Anyone fancy trying it? I don't need any more nail colours or eye pencils, it was the mascara that was the best deal for me (because I'll use that).
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.