Swagbucks Challenge May 2013

Options

Comments

• miwa
    miwa Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Options
    katykicker wrote: »
    Not only will that affect me here (in this thread/SB) but also it will affect (not sure if its effect or affect and too tired to think) me on other sites I go on (such as Dooyoo), always the same...!

The influx of newbies is killing me. I am trying to be constructive with my criticism on DY but it is difficult. Lots of bans ahead.

Psst. Effect = noun. Affect = verb.

So to affect an effect.
  • spiritwood
    spiritwood Posts: 992 Forumite
    Options
    miwa wrote: »
    MSE have said before for every user that signs up for SB through this site, they get a referral fee. So, I really hope it comes to haunt them, frankly - can you imagine thousands of newbies signing up, getting viruses or identities stolen because they trust Martin "Consumer Champion" Lewis to not send them to a site riddled with the things? What about non-crediting offers and surveys? This thread is going to be really fun, isn't it?

he sold it didn't he for over 80 million? it is run by noel edmunds and jeanette krankie now.
    Originally Posted by easylife73:

Totally enjoyed your glittery fanjo spiritwood...and how totally wrong does THAT sound??!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    spiritwood wrote: »
    he sold it didn't he for over 80 million? it is run by noel edmunds and jeanette krankie now.

£87 million to be precise.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3994093
  • otley
    otley Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    thanx it did sound dodgy...I wonder why swagbucks had this in there special offers?
  • miwa
    Options
    otley wrote: »
    thanx it did sound dodgy...I wonder why swagbucks had this in there special offers?

I really hope you didn't pay anything or get contracted into anything. You will be paying a lot more than that £35 AGC is worth.

Swagbucks don't care about their users. They care about lining their own pockets.
  • miwa
    Options
    katykicker wrote: »

That's a lot of 'swag points' for us 'swaggers'.
  • ThriftyFelicity
    Options
    That's a lot of 'swag points' for us 'swaggers'.

14,441,826,000 Swagbucks by my calculation.

That's an *awful* lot of SBTV...

:D
    R.I.P. Bart. The best cat there ever was. :sad:
  • spiritwood
    spiritwood Posts: 992 Forumite
    Options
    otley wrote: »

because swagbucks have a load of dodgy offers including virus lade stuff on the walls etc but they earn from it so are not actually very bothered. took me ages to be listened to about a "offer" being dodgy which allowed access to all of your files. be very careful what you do on swagbucks and please don't download anything.
    Originally Posted by easylife73:

Totally enjoyed your glittery fanjo spiritwood...and how totally wrong does THAT sound??!
  • dolphin19
    dolphin19 Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Options
    The influx of newbies is killing me. I am trying to be constructive with my criticism on DY but it is difficult. Lots of bans ahead.

Psst. Effect = noun. Affect = verb.

So to affect an effect.

Well, you learn something new every day - I have always wondered about the difference :)
  • miwa
    Options
    dolphin19 wrote: »
    Well, you learn something new every day - I have always wondered about the difference :)

Affect also has an emotional resonance - e.g. the word 'affection' (to have affection for someone) comes from the same word - obvious but still interesting, I thought :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure