Wages paid into frozen business bank account. Help please

Options
13»

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Fair point
    I suspect you do not get this at all - and your accountant sounds at best incompetent to me for suggesting what you wrote.
    Did she also advise you to get new contracts signed for the new company??
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 1 May 2013 at 6:18AM
    Options
    Let's try to make this clear.

Company A does some work for company X and invoices them. Before being paid it is wound up and replaced by company B.

Company X pays company A, the money gets returned and Company B is paid.

Whoever is in control now of the assets of Company A will expect to receive the funds from Company X and chase them for the money.

I suspect that accepting the money as company B could be seen as illegal and I suggest you get better legal advice than your accountant has shown to date, (preferably from a more reputable source than an internet forum.)

Certainly the initial company shouldn't have been wound up with debts owing to it.

One thing you've not stated is: When the company was wound up were there any amounts owed to third parties? (eg Tax, NI, Banks, suppliers etc etc)
  • Darrenjparker
    Darrenjparker Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    The company has no assets so there isnt anyone in control of these or owed money, I dont need to pay national insurance on the company so that shouldnt be a problem. From my understanding its all wound up by companies house from them stiking me off and I didnt owe anything on it.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The company has no assets so there isnt anyone in control of these or owed money, I dont need to pay national insurance on the company so that shouldnt be a problem. From my understanding its all wound up by companies house from them stiking me off and I didnt owe anything on it.
    What we are suggesting is that you have no claim on any monies owed to your old company either.
  • anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,845 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 May 2013 at 9:00PM
    Options
    I assume you are in England and not in scotland, (as they work slightly differently) however I suggest you look at the bona vacantia site under the companies section, as they deal with assests of dissolved companies. This may explain a way forward to you http://www.bonavacantia.gov.uk/output/companies.aspx

you may also find companies house site useful http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/infoAndGuide/windingUpCompany.shtml
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £750.09 overpaid as at April so YTD = £750.09 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,142.27
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    If its been struck off, they will soon assign a reciever I would 100% advice not taking payment via your other company.
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure