Can I top up a previous ISA

Hi,

I have a Santander 3 year Fixed ISA and because the rates this year are so low was wondering if I can top up my Santander ISA from last year with this years allowance? (Not a transfer in)

Does anyone know If this is possible or does it matter which particular ISA it is?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Sue

Comments

• Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Santander did do an offer where each year you could deposit your new allowance. But I am not certain, and it would depend on your ISA.

Do you still have the T&C booklet you got when opening the account?

edit - I also think you only had 14 days to do so, which has past. So I reckon the answer is a no.
  • Thanks for your reply.

I thought I had read that somewhere, hence the question but wasn't sure. I will check the T & C's which I will have hidden somewhere.

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

Sue
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The only fixed term ISAallowing depsoits in mutiple years that I am aware of is the Lloyds 2-year ISA.

But it's a matter of checking the T&Cs you signed up for.
  • Thank you for both your replies.

I thought I better check with Santander, their terms and conditions were a little unclear. Anyway, just incase anyone else would like to know, you can not add this years allowance to last years account, just as I was advised.

I have some savings currently receiving 3.06% interest and this account matures at the end of June, I was going to take my allowance for this year from that account and place it into a new ISA account but because of the low interest I have decided to leave it where it is for now and hope the interest increases in the near future or before this account matures. I don't have to pay tax so it doesn't make any difference to me either way.

I hope someone finds this useful.

Sue
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family