Displaying online the amount paid in/remaining amount available

Options
Until this month I had only had ISA's with FD. My online ISA statement displayed clearly the amount paid in so far in the current tax year and the remaining amount available to me.
I have just switched to a new Virgin Isa and have found that they don't do this. I rang them today to query why. i was told that they are considering it but confirmed that it is not yet available.
Do most ISA providers display this for customers? It seems to me an odd feature to leave out since we are not allowed to pay in more than the allowance.

Comments

• verybigchris
    Options
    A cash ISA provider can't be certain how much allowance someone has left, as they won't know if their customer has subscribed to an S&S ISA elsewhere.
  • katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,820 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A cash ISA provider can't be certain how much allowance someone has left, as they won't know if their customer has subscribed to an S&S ISA elsewhere.

I have never had an S & S ISA but FD definitely always showed me what I could still pay into my cash ISA.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A cash ISA provider wouldn't usually know whether you have an S&S ISA or not. Nor would a S&S ISA provider usually know whether you have a cash ISA or not. Thus none of them can generally provide a meaningful figure about people's remaining amounts.

The best they can do is tell you how much you paid in, and I think it's fair to say that all of them do this on the account statements.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure