Real-life MMD: They put a flyer on my car – should I still use them?

Options
13»

Comments

• Figgerty
    Figgerty Posts: 473 Forumite
    edited 25 April 2013 at 11:41AM
    Options
    If you use their service then the method of advertising you abhor actually works for them and they will do it again and again. Be glad that it was not a card for 'we buy bangers' which I have had stuck under my wipers. Oh, the insult!
    Some Burke bloke quote: all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to say nothing. :silenced:
  • Talent
    Talent Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    No. No. No. No. (min 10 characters!).
  • Cimscate
    Cimscate Posts: 145 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ring them up and complain bitterly so they think you will never use them then go there anyway, they won't know who you are........
  • LadyG_DHQ
    Options
    Yes it is annoying when flyers are placed on windscreens - the person placing it there could also do damage to your windscreen wipers. However, this is possibly a new business trying to generate customers. In this present economic climate many businesses are struggling to survive. If you can afford to support this business and find a car washing service useful then go for it.
  • simonlilly
    simonlilly Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would never use a company that leaves flyers on my car
  • Cabbagewhite
    Options
    I really hate flyers on cars and would usually not give them the time of day, but in this case I think I would make an exception. They are a new business so it makes sense for them to undercut their rivals to win customers. They have also targeted local car owners, as cars on drives usually belong to the resident, rather than random cars or households without cars. I would check out their premises and if happy with that, I would use them. I have mobility problems so can't wash my car myself, so I could get it done by a local company at a good price.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure