Why do I receive the emails so late

Received the latest email today at 18:46 and all the free photo teddies were announced gone at 1:45.
This happens a lot to me. Don't understand it

Comments

• Be_Happy
    Be_Happy Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    You're lucky. Mine doesn't arrive until Thursday morning; this morning's one timed in at 06.05.

Any special offers for the Wednesday are well and truly gone.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    As far as I'm aware, the emails have to go out in staggered batches as the list has millions of addresses on it.

You don't have to wait for the email. You can always find the latest version at this link: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/latesttip/
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • meher
    meher Posts: 15,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 April 2013 at 3:32PM
    I don't think the problem is so much about emails being sent out so late. Because there will be offers all the time and some offers will have expired even before mse notices it. I can safely guess mse didn't notice that selfridges sold their ysl mascara set worth £23.50 for £4.95 or their shu uemura chocolat palette worth £50 for £4.95 ;)

The problem is however one that doesn't make a lot of sense (to me at least) as this one:
    EXTRA 25% off code - EXPIRED

We've blagged an EXTRA 25% off at M&S Outlet* for 25 hours - the biggest discount it's ever done on its Outlet. The code will be available from 9pm on Tue 23 Apr which is valid on everything except the Per Una range.
    I don't understand why blag for a day knowingly that the emails wouldn't reach a vast majority of users? It does boost the count of offers on the email tip and would look grand but truthfully when this "expired" is all that you see on a regular basis, it is plain bad show. Or if it is meant to be genuine offers, there should be a similar offer for those who receive emails after wednesday too. I suspect the 24-25 hour blagging is all about targeting impulse purchasers and for a lumpsum returns but many of them don't get to see it even until late. It would be a cleverer strategy to blag for a day when everyone has their emails. Also perhaps there should be a "flash sale" sign posting on the email so that people pick it up sooner but none of it works if the blagger has blagged for a tuesday and sends the email out on Thursday evening.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    fermi wrote: »
    You don't have to wait for the email. You can always find the latest version at this link: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/latesttip/

Or by clicking on "WEEKLY EMAIL" at the top of every page near Martin's picture.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• meher
    meher Posts: 15,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    derrick wrote: »
    Or by clicking on "WEEKLY EMAIL" at the top of every page near Martin's picture.

In which case we don't need emails, you could just ask people to come and look at the link, I disagree with fermi - to ask people to come and look here is not helpful, not for me anyway. If the emails are sent out, then it should serve its purpose and not make a mockery of it, imo only ofcourse, if they don't, then that is when people would start treating it as spam.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure