Tesco wine code fail?

Options

Comments

• penrypooch
    penrypooch Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys,

Thanks for letting us know and for your emails. I've been in touch with Tesco this morning and it looks like there was a technical glitch on the Tesco Wine website over the weekend, which meant the code wasn't being accepted.

We're still trying to find out what happened and what's the next step for our users who couldn't get the deal, I'll update you here when I know more.

MSE Deborah

Hi Deborah,

I emailed Tesco asking to see if they would put the 750 points on my account after the code wasn't accepted yesterday, this was their reply.

"Thank you for your email.

I was sorry to learn you have experienced problems when trying to redeem the ecoupon for 750 extra points at Tesco Wine. I appreciate how disappointed you must feel.

Having looked into this I have found my colleague has advised you correctly. As the ecoupon has reached the maximum redemptions we are no longer honouring the coupon value. I realise this is may cause further disappointment, especially as you are a loyal customer but I hope you understand why this is. I'm sure you will be able to benefit from one of our future promotions.

I'm sorry I can't help you more on this occasion but thank you for contacting us. "
  • ericonabike
    ericonabike Posts: 334 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not exactly a PR triumph for Tesco at the moment, is it?
  • jenga101
    jenga101 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    ou can use e-voucher XXFTRY for another 7% off the original price before 25% discount

Works out at about £5

Valid 'till end August
  • bevally
    bevally Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    I've had an email reply today saying it was a technical error and that the points will be added before the next mailing in May.

Will keep an eye on my account to make sure it happens!
    Make £10 a day challenge = Aiming for £100 a month
    May - £100.68/£100 (£80.68 cash & £20.00 vouchers)
    June - £121.04/£100 (£91.04 cash & £30.00 vouchers)
    July - £22.11/£100 (£22.11 cash & £0.00 vouchers)
  • JacquiM21
    Options
    bevally wrote: »
    I've had an email reply today saying it was a technical error and that the points will be added before the next mailing in May.

Will keep an eye on my account to make sure it happens!

Tesco don't seem to be consistent in their response to customers who have experienced problems with the 750 points wine code, as I received the following reply:

I was sorry to learn that you were unable to redeem the bonus points ecoupon on your recent Tesco Wine order. I can understand how disappointing this must be.
    I have looked into this matter for you and can confirm that the ecoupon code had reached its maximum number of customer redemptions. When an ecoupon reaches its redemption limit it is no longer valid for use on orders regards of the stated end date. I am sorry if this information was not clear when placing your order.
    [FONT=&quot]I am sorry to have to send you such a disappointing reply but I do hope you that there are future promotions that you are able to take advantage of.

I think Tesco need to make up their mind as to whether it was a technical problem or a limited number of codes and at least give a consistent response - to tell some people they will be given the points, but not others seems rather unfair.

[/FONT]
  • starsaver21
    Options
    Tesco definitely seem to be giving a variety of different reasons for the code not working - it wouldn't work for me on Sunday afternoon (had been working fine earlier in the day, but I couldn't decide what to order and came back to it a little later...)

I put the order through anyway and emailed Tesco - their reply to me was: -

'I have looked into this for you and I can confirm the code XX6TJP was valid from Friday, April 05 2013 to Saturday, April 20 2013. Due to this we will be regrettably unable to add this voucher for you.'

So no points for me either :(
  • MSE_Deborah
    MSE_Deborah Posts: 134 MSE Staff
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Hi guys,

As some people couldn't get this deal at the weekend, Tesco Wine has given us another 750 points code to make up for it. The code will go live on the MSE Wine Deals page at 10am on Thursday 25 Apr.

Hope this helps,
    MSE Deborah

Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
  • ericonabike
    ericonabike Posts: 334 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not really! I've already bought 12 bottles of wine in the expectation that there were 750 points on offer if I did. I shall think long and hard before taking up another such MSE-negotiated deal. Poor show.
  • starsaver21
    Options
    Good on MSE for following it up and getting another code...but it makes it even more annoying that Tesco won't honour the points for some people (like me!) who have already purchased. Oh well...will enjoy the garage full of wine anyway ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Deeno34 wrote: »
    How did you do that they are closed today?

I called the wine by the case number says they're open from 10am to 6pm Sunday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure