EE Fraud Team - Complaint or Contact Details?

Options
DS4215
DS4215 Posts: 1,085 Forumite
Hi,

Does anyone know how to contact the EE Fraud department to make a complaint or do I just have to go through 150?

Basically I took out a new phone at Christmas but the first bill was too high. When I rang about it (mid Feb) it turns out I had paid for an extra number that was nothing to do with me. This went to the Fraud Team, but since then I have had no contact. I was told it would take up to 28 days to hear, but after 5 weeks I rang back to chase and still haven't heard anything from them....

The phone in question is my daughters (I'm not with EE), and so its awkward to get chance to use it to ring them (I only normally see her before 8am or after 9:30pm). An email address or postal address would be ideal so I can complain in writing and try to get some movement.

Thanks

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I am pretty sure you cannot contact this department directly.

http://www.orange.co.uk/contact/complaints.html

And if the contract is on your name, you can call from any phone, not necessarily from the one that your daughter is using.
  • sue321
    sue321 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Suggest trying the live chat on the ee site. They might at least be able to give you a point of contact.
  • DS4215
    Options
    Just rang them. My fraud case was rejected as I apparently signed for an iPhone just before Christmas (I didn't even sign for the one we did get!). No communication whatsoever :(

Just opened another one with them, but that is now two months I've paid for someones phone so really not happy about it
  • NorthernOne
    Options
    DS4215 wrote: »
    Just rang them. My fraud case was rejected as I apparently signed for an iPhone just before Christmas (I didn't even sign for the one we did get!). No communication whatsoever :(

Just opened another one with them, but that is now two months I've paid for someones phone so really not happy about it

What so they are suggesting you took out 2 phone contracts & phones when you only took out one?

Ask them to block the other number whilst they investigate as its allegedly your line.

If you took the phone out via the EE shop I would go in and ask them about it and if this is fraudulent you may need to contact the police.
  • DS4215
    Options
    What so they are suggesting you took out 2 phone contracts & phones when you only took out one?

Ask them to block the other number whilst they investigate as its allegedly your line.

If you took the phone out via the EE shop I would go in and ask them about it and if this is fraudulent you may need to contact the police.

That is exactly it. Apparently they have proof I signed for it (I didn't). It was all done over the phone. I will give them a few days to investigate then block the other number. Either that or find out what number it is and use it to track them down....
  • SatellitesW
    Options
    I am having a very similar problem and still cant get ee to resolve it after just over a month. Fortunately, I haven't paid any bills yet. They have set up 2 accounts when I only ordered one.

I need to know what to do too.

LesW
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Make a formal complaint via email; wait 8 weeks and complain to CISAS. This abysmal company will ignore the complaint but you can't go to CISAS until 8 weeks after making the complaint to EE.

Meanwhile, if you don't pay the bills you'll completely wreck your external credit files for the next 6 years+.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure